The Student Room Group

Maths mechanics or statistics

Hi i dont know if I'm posting in the right section but anyways, i am picking as bio chem physics and maths. Do i have to pick maths mechanics or can i pick maths statistics if i'm doing physics.
Reply 1
You can choose any

Posted from TSR Mobile
You would probably be better picking the mechanics as your physics will complement it, however it is up to you if you do have the choice of modules in your school 😊
Reply 3
Original post by hopefulmedic1998
Hi i dont know if I'm posting in the right section but anyways, i am picking as bio chem physics and maths. Do i have to pick maths mechanics or can i pick maths statistics if i'm doing physics.

As far as I know you can pick either. However, mechanics may be suggested as you are doing physics and it overlaps. Though really you should just choose the one which will be most interesting and useful to you.
thanks for the replies.
Original post by Faded-Pi
As far as I know you can pick either. However, mechanics may be suggested as you are doing physics and it overlaps. Though really you should just choose the one which will be most interesting and useful to you.

thanks. Another thing, is it true maths mechanics is harder then statistics.
Reply 6

Personally, having done them both and physics, I actually found stats to be easier. Bit of a surprise as I did physics, but there seemed to be more difficult concepts and questions in mechanics than stats.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
I did Physics too, but I chose to do statistics, because I dropped Physics at AS, and didn't really enjoy it. Stats has a lot of probability in, and I found that to be a lot easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've found that it's a personal thing. I prefer teaching mechanics but some students prefer statistics.
Original post by Muttley79
I've found that it's a personal thing. I prefer teaching mechanics but some students prefer statistics.

Most teachers in my school find M2 too hard too teach lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending