Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Maths
Further Maths
English Lit
Chemistry
Physics

....don't say engineering (I know that one).
JennyMoorcroft
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Try Unifrog it might help you see what options you have.

https://www.unifrog.org - ( You can get a free trial I think)
Norbo11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To be honest, that subject combination is pretty much perfect for any scientific degree, although the English Lit is a bit odd (unless you're trying to keep your arts course options open...)
FrustratedHorse
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Stealing your thread OP!
I have a choice between geography and physics for my fourth AS subject. Which of the two would be more useful for a medicine candidate or would you roll with 5? Im actually considering 5 A levels- I'm being encouraged by many teachers but the workload looks mind boggling.
Norbo11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FrustratedHorse)
Stealing your thread OP!
I have a choice between geography and physics for my fourth AS subject. Which of the two would be more useful for a medicine candidate or would you roll with 5? Im actually considering 5 A levels- I'm being encouraged by many teachers but the workload looks mind boggling.
Can you list all of your choices so far? Based on what you've said alone, Physics is by far a stronger choice for a medic than Geography.

I did 5 subjects at AS (Maths, Further Maths, Computing, Economics, Polish), but I'm a native speaker so the 5th one doesn't really count (only work I did was 2 weeks before the exams). However, I did end up continuing all 5 to A2, while most would drop to 3. In fact, I picked up the EPQ at A2 so I ended up with 6 grades at the end.

The workload was manageable, as long as you're organised and dedicated. You always have a chance to drop if you feel like you can't cope.
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At uni you could do

Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Geology
Geophysics
Astrophysics
Computer science
FrustratedHorse
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Norbo11 Other choices were Maths, chem and bio. Any help there?! Thanks for the reply earlier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads