The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing ASs, but don't worry, last years maths paper was really hard, so the grade boundaries were really low - 40% for a C or something!
Reply 2
was that 40% with both the papers plus the coursework?that is really low..im not complaining though!i think il have to see how hard the other paper is.if it is easy they wont put the bounderies down (damn)
Reply 3
Ellie4
I'm doing ASs, but don't worry, last years maths paper was really hard, so the grade boundaries were really low - 40% for a C or something!

true - i think i left out 2 whole questions but still got an a*
yeah, i did the edexcel higher one and found it totally impossible (especially the ones mentioned, the car price one and the sine waves). Compared to last Novembers papers, this was ten times harder and i flunked this one big time (missed out at least 4 questions :mad: )
Reply 5
i also found it extremely difficult, i took maths gcse early in november and achieved and A, my school made most of my class retake to get an A* but i will be lucky if i scrape an A again, i left the whole probability question out as i could not make sense of it!? as well as quite a few other marks
Reply 6
TheWolf
true - i think i left out 2 whole questions but still got an a*

I missed out 4-5 but got an A. Maths never really did float my boat! :smile:
Reply 7
did you do the probability one?it was worth 13 marks so i forced myself to write something down. it didnt know how to prove how that quadratic equation was equal to nothing!!did you do it?? xx
Reply 8
Don't worry last years paper was really hard aswell!! I was worried that I did really bad, but I came out with a B-so seriously don't worry!!! :wink:
i didnt have a clue about that probability question. Factorising the equation was alright but i didnt know what to do afterwards!!!
bilifa
Don't worry last years paper was really hard aswell!! I was worried that I did really bad, but I came out with a B-so seriously don't worry!!! :wink:

Yeah, but we did that paper as a mock and we all came out with As and A*s. This year's paper is alot more harder
Reply 11
Ellie4

how was biology exam today? :smile:
Reply 12
The first half was OK but the second half was very very difficult. I missed out all the ones mentioned plus the histogram and vectors question but the box plots were not bad. My teacher always says that if you get most of the first half right and a bit of the second then you should be on a B.
Reply 13
did you leave it out?i really panicked there, i really want at least an A (like thats gona happen now). did you get 1600 and 0.5 for the values of p and q on the car price ques? xx
Reply 14
TheWolf
how was biology exam today? :smile:

Blatent thread hijacking! It was really good actually, unit 1 and 2 were great, unit 3 was a bit weird. It was one of those papers you could have done even if you had no knowledge of biology and probably got the same mark. Annoying, considering all the work we did for unit 3, but yeah, much better than geography yesterday :smile:
Reply 15
Ellie4
Blatent thread hijacking! It was really good actually, unit 1 and 2 were great, unit 3 was a bit weird. It was one of those papers you could have done even if you had no knowledge of biology and probably got the same mark. Annoying, considering all the work we did for unit 3, but yeah, much better than geography yesterday :smile:

hehe nice one! im sure you did ok for geog too - youve done loadsa work :smile:
i didn't get those answers for the car price question, but i only guessed them cos i didnt have a clue about V = pt2!!!??? What was that all about?
Reply 17
I did Edexcel Modular but I think that they used some of the same questions.

We had the probability at the end with 2n² - 35n + 98 = 0. The question originated around balls in a bag with 7 white and n yellow.

I think that I got them all out in the end. I will post my solution if anyone wants me to.
Reply 18
i got 1600 and 0.5 for the car price, was pleased with that.

For the probability i got 7/(n+7) then from there i didnt know so i wrote loads of stuff, hopefully get a mark in there.
Reply 19
TheWolf
hehe nice one! im sure you did ok for geog too - youve done loadsa work :smile:

Yeah, it's so grrrr though. I did loads of work for geography, found it impossible, none for biology and found it easy :frown: It's stupid! How many exams have you got left now?

Latest