The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
TheWolf
yea it was worse during the exams tho! we had to wear our school uniforms too which was 101.3% gay :eek: anyways better do some revision cya! :wink:

Don't have uniforms, wouldn't know :smile: Have fun with the revision!
Reply 41
Ellie4
I'm doing ASs, but don't worry, last years maths paper was really hard, so the grade boundaries were really low - 40% for a C or something!

What u talking about I took lst years gcse edexcel maths and found it really easy i had an hour left in one paper just to twiddle my thumbs.
Reply 42
meawinner
What u talking about I took lst years gcse edexcel maths and found it really easy i had an hour left in one paper just to twiddle my thumbs.

Well you must have got a very high A* then, congratulations.
I got the 1's u guys r talking bout i.e the car and probability, but they were v. tough. My whole year found it tough, so i wouldn't worry. Please ask 4 any solutions.
Reply 44
leggemeister
I got the 1's u guys r talking bout i.e the car and probability, but they were v. tough. My whole year found it tough, so i wouldn't worry. Please ask 4 any solutions.

Did you get the same answer as me? (see earlier post).
Reply 45
i got 1600 and 0.5 too but i didn't do it from the graph...oops. o well. i couldnt do the tangent congruent triangles question at all but i found the sin things quite easy i got y=sinx +1 and y=2sinx. what did you put for the circle toughing all the edges question?
Reply 46
what did everyone get for the percentage surd square question. i think i got sumthin like 83%
Reply 47
tango1
what did everyone get for the percentage surd square question. i think i got sumthin like 83%

It was 83.33333 %
Reply 48
samdavyson
It was 83.33333 %

u reckon they'll give me it as 83 cos they didnt ay nethin bout decimal places
Reply 49
thats good i got 83.3 recurring i think. Yeh i had no idea about the circle and the vertex.

Ure answers looks good sam, I got the first three parts right. Found the others hard but i think i picked a few marks, i was on the right track
Reply 50
tango1
u reckon they'll give me it as 83 cos they didnt ay nethin bout decimal places

Well I am sure that will get 5/5.
Reply 51
andy_
thats good i got 83.3 recurring i think. Yeh i had no idea about the circle and the vertex.

Ure answers looks good sam, I got the first three parts right. Found the others hard but i think i picked a few marks, i was on the right track

for the circle touching all the vectors is a trignle question I said it was because a triangle in a semi circle is a right angled triange or something like that...

Sam can you please post a solution for the surd probability one and explain how you work it out please?

The paper was pretty tough though wasn't it?
Reply 52
so what did u think of the tangent question with the congruent triangles?
Reply 53
oh and how did you explain the transformations at the end?
Reply 54
soapsuds

for the circle touching all the vectors is a trignle question I said it was because a triangle in a semi circle is a right angled triange or something like that...

Sam can you please post a solution for the surd probability one and explain how you work it out please?

The paper was pretty tough though wasn't it?

I did Modular and my paper didn't have a surd probability question.
Reply 55
somebody's fone went off in our exam. rnt u supposed to get disqualified for that? none of the teachers did anything tho.
Reply 56
samdavyson
I did Modular and my paper didn't have a surd probability question.

Oops I meant the surd percentage one :redface:
Reply 57
do u remember how many marks the probability qs were each worth? cheers
Reply 58
soapsuds

Oops I meant the surd percentage one :redface:

Ok. You have a rectangle that is √20 + √5 by √8. A smaller rectangle size √5 by √2 was cut out of it.

Percentage cut out = (√5 x √2) / [(√20 + √5)(√8)]

= (√5 x √2) / [(√4√5 + √5)(√4√2)]

= (√5 x √2) / [(2√5 + √5)(2√2)]

= (√5 x √2) / [(3√5)(2√2)]

= (√5 x √2) / [(6√5√2)]

(The bits in red cancel)

= 1/6

Therefore 5/6 is left. This is 83.33%.
Reply 59
how'd ya remember all the questions? i'd forgot most of them wen i walked out the exam room.

Latest