Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    yea it was worse during the exams tho! we had to wear our school uniforms too which was 101.3% gay :eek: anyways better do some revision cya!
    Don't have uniforms, wouldn't know Have fun with the revision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I'm doing ASs, but don't worry, last years maths paper was really hard, so the grade boundaries were really low - 40% for a C or something!
    What u talking about I took lst years gcse edexcel maths and found it really easy i had an hour left in one paper just to twiddle my thumbs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meawinner)
    What u talking about I took lst years gcse edexcel maths and found it really easy i had an hour left in one paper just to twiddle my thumbs.
    Well you must have got a very high A* then, congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    I got the 1's u guys r talking bout i.e the car and probability, but they were v. tough. My whole year found it tough, so i wouldn't worry. Please ask 4 any solutions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leggemeister)
    I got the 1's u guys r talking bout i.e the car and probability, but they were v. tough. My whole year found it tough, so i wouldn't worry. Please ask 4 any solutions.
    Did you get the same answer as me? (see earlier post).

ReputationRep:
    i got 1600 and 0.5 too but i didn't do it from the graph...oops. o well. i couldnt do the tangent congruent triangles question at all but i found the sin things quite easy i got y=sinx +1 and y=2sinx. what did you put for the circle toughing all the edges question?

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone get for the percentage surd square question. i think i got sumthin like 83%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tango1)
    what did everyone get for the percentage surd square question. i think i got sumthin like 83%
    It was 83.33333 %

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    It was 83.33333 %
    u reckon they'll give me it as 83 cos they didnt ay nethin bout decimal places

ReputationRep:
    thats good i got 83.3 recurring i think. Yeh i had no idea about the circle and the vertex.

Ure answers looks good sam, I got the first three parts right. Found the others hard but i think i picked a few marks, i was on the right track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tango1)
    u reckon they'll give me it as 83 cos they didnt ay nethin bout decimal places
    Well I am sure that will get 5/5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_)
    thats good i got 83.3 recurring i think. Yeh i had no idea about the circle and the vertex.

Ure answers looks good sam, I got the first three parts right. Found the others hard but i think i picked a few marks, i was on the right track
    for the circle touching all the vectors is a trignle question I said it was because a triangle in a semi circle is a right angled triange or something like that...

Sam can you please post a solution for the surd probability one and explain how you work it out please?

The paper was pretty tough though wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    so what did u think of the tangent question with the congruent triangles?

ReputationRep:
    oh and how did you explain the transformations at the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soapsuds)

for the circle touching all the vectors is a trignle question I said it was because a triangle in a semi circle is a right angled triange or something like that...

Sam can you please post a solution for the surd probability one and explain how you work it out please?

The paper was pretty tough though wasn't it?
    I did Modular and my paper didn't have a surd probability question.

ReputationRep:
    somebody's fone went off in our exam. rnt u supposed to get disqualified for that? none of the teachers did anything tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    I did Modular and my paper didn't have a surd probability question.
    Oops I meant the surd percentage one

ReputationRep:
    do u remember how many marks the probability qs were each worth? cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soapsuds)

Oops I meant the surd percentage one
    Ok. You have a rectangle that is √20 + √5 by √8. A smaller rectangle size √5 by √2 was cut out of it.

Percentage cut out = (√5 x √2) / [(√20 + √5)(√8)]

= (√5 x √2) / [(√4√5 + √5)(√4√2)]

= (√5 x √2) / [(2√5 + √5)(2√2)]

= (√5 x √2) / [(3√5)(2√2)]

= (√5 x √2) / [(6√5√2)]

(The bits in red cancel)

= 1/6

Therefore 5/6 is left. This is 83.33%.

ReputationRep:
    how'd ya remember all the questions? i'd forgot most of them wen i walked out the exam room.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.