The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i did aqa higher maths and it was soooooo hard.....i know i've failed!
even my maths teacher said it was hard!
anyone else do aqa???
Reply 61
andy_
do u remember how many marks the probability qs were each worth? cheers

I think that:

Part 1 was 2.

Part 2 was 2.

Part 3 & 4 were together as 3.

Part 5 was 5.

& Part 6 was 2.

My paper was modular but I doubt the mark allocation is any different.
Reply 62
andy_
how'd ya remember all the questions? i'd forgot most of them wen i walked out the exam room.

I am not sure. I was talking about them straight afterwards.
Reply 63
samdavyson
I think that:

Part 1 was 2.

Part 2 was 2.

Part 3 & 4 were together as 3.

Part 5 was 5.

& Part 6 was 2.

My paper was modular but I doubt the mark allocation is any different.

cool, thanks.

GOnna go revise my graphics now
Reply 64
is it true that if everyone does badly they lower the grade boundaries???
Reply 65
Saf!
is it true that if everyone does badly they lower the grade boundaries???

I believe so.
Reply 66
it's better to forget because then u dont go over and over them in ur head
Reply 67
hey yer i did it, it was very difficult. every1 in ma skool who did it thought so too... im not sure bout da grade boundaries but ma teacher said that approx 70 % u r guaranteed an A. Plus since every1 thought it was hard then the grade boundaries will probably go down...

Looking on da bright side of things, theres still paper 6 to go and it should be easier considerin u can use a calculator... :P
Reply 68
tango1
it's better to forget because then u dont go over and over them in ur head

That also means you dont learn from your mistakes.

Maths hits us all again: 7 days time. This time with a calculator.
Reply 69
I thought the edexcel paper today was bloody hard and I do Additional Maths! I got the mr. patel's car thing...i think p was 1600 and q was .5 ...I screwed up on the question about probability-i think I got halfway there on the 5 mark question...but god, it wasn't easy. Still, I reckon I did quite well but it was hard!!
Reply 70
apparently they lowered last yrs because it was difficult
Reply 71
I did OCR today and we did the non-calc and the calc one one ofter another!!! How long was your paper today then?
Reply 72
2hrs seemed longer though
Reply 73
andy_
i got 1600 and 0.5 for the car price, was pleased with that.

For the probability i got 7/(n+7) then from there i didnt know so i wrote loads of stuff, hopefully get a mark in there.

eek, i got (n+7)/7, which i cancelled to n+1/1 so n+1. couldn't do the bit after though, got my tree diagram done and showed some working but just got stuck. readin up seems everyone got different to me, could anyone post a soultion to this?

question about that v=pq^2 stumped me, i couldnt figure if it was (pq)^2 or p x q^2, chose the latter in the end. got the 1600 in my working out, but then i got 1 for the other value. figured it was wrong so didn't put it in the answer boxes, completely stupid of me to leave it blank. hopefully they'll notice it.

triangle and rectangle question has me aswell, and what on earth was the thing about how a circle always touches the sides of a rectangle or somethin. got a bit confused with one of the factorising ones too. damn, usually i get a high a or a low a* in praccy papers. think i'm lookin at a crap B atm. it's good though when you know everyone in school found it hard, and then look here and know it's not just us. hopefully the marks overall will reflect that and the grade boundaries will be adjusted accordingly :wink: even the uber boffin speed set were like whoa, forget that.

well we still have calc i guess, i always find calc a bit easier, but judging from non-calc i wouldn't be surprised if it was equally as bad.
Reply 74
am i the only person who didn't draw a tree diagram...ooops. got same answers as sam tho.
maths exam was bloody difficult but i think i done ok.....although i expected it 2 be easier than that....
ne1 get this question?
factorise (p+q)squared+5(p+q)
i really didnt get it
Reply 76
tango1
2hrs seemed longer though

Oh, ours was 1 hour for each paper. Probs because ours is a modular course.
Reply 77
yer i did it :s-smilie: it was very difficult...i missed out the rest of the probabilty question apart from the quadratic...i really didnt get it! i missed a few parts here and there also.. :s-smilie: im trying not to panic considerin that theres another paper and it should be easier becauses it calculator. plus da grade boundaries should definetly go down as EVERY1 on here + at ma skool found it difficult...
Reply 78
urban_flavaz
maths exam was bloody difficult but i think i done ok.....although i expected it 2 be easier than that....
ne1 get this question?
factorise (p+q)squared+5(p+q)
i really didnt get it

i got (p+q)(p+q+5) dont no if its right tho
i had no clue wat 2 do so put 5(p+q)cubed.....oh well, only 1 mark.......altho i made so many stupid mistakes throughout....like the histogram one, i lost a mark on that!

Latest