The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
what histogram one?
Reply 81
was tooooo hard i can only garantee for myself that i got at least 45 right. any one got the grade boundaries???
Reply 82
they only do the grade boundaries once they have evry1s results in so they lower it if evry1 found it hard like evry1 seems 2 have. certainly evry1 at my school.
Reply 83
tango1
what histogram one?

each row of ten little squres was 1.so 1 big box would be 10 etc..
took me ages to find out!did you get the probability one?i got that wrong as well as the surds wich was apparently 83.33333...% and the sine wave,oh yh, and the car price one. HELL im gona fail!!
Reply 84
This was one of the hardest Maths papers ive done. Most of my mates agree that it was impossible!!!

btw did anyone get the proof questions? (the vectors 1 and the circle tangent thing, where u had to prove a circle could touch all the vertices of any rectangle.)
Last year they lowered the boundries to 54% for an A or something like that. And from the sound of things everyone found it hard. In our exam someone burst into tears 15 minutes from the end. does any one know the answer to the last question about y=3 x sin 2x
Reply 86
Old man Nedward
Last year they lowered the boundries to 54% for an A or something like that. And from the sound of things everyone found it hard. In our exam someone burst into tears 15 minutes from the end. does any one know the answer to the last question about y=3 x sin 2x

well i interpreted it as y = 3(sin2x), which is y shift and x shift.said it stretched x 3 in the y direction, and stretched by 0.5 ie squashed or "squeezed" or half the gradient in the x direction. (wrote all 3 out to make it clear). god knows if that's right though, my performance from looking at these replies is nothing to be proud of.
i reckon ive only got about 60% right and i was estimated an A*. Definatly not something to be proud of. But the was i see it if your gonna fail, you might as well fail spectaculary.
Reply 88
vinz
well i interpreted it as y = 3(sin2x), which is y shift and x shift.said it stretched x 3 in the y direction, and stretched by 0.5 ie squashed or "squeezed" or half the gradient in the x direction. (wrote all 3 out to make it clear). god knows if that's right though, my performance from looking at these replies is nothing to be proud of.

yer i got the same answer, glad i revised that. Dont think i was taught it.
how high do you think the grade boundaries will be? was it 57% for an A last year???
last year's non calculator paper was really easy compared to this!!! aaaaaa:frown:
Reply 90
Sum one said bout the grade boundaries i was so surei had revised well i had done past paper quesitons, when i was doin those question they were so hard the past paers were ok, they gave hard questions at the end this one seemed like hard all the way through. Sum one said how the grade boundaries work, is it true tht if everyone doesnt do as well the boudaries lower.
Reply 91
lovely_girl
how high do you think the grade boundaries will be? was it 57% for an A last year???
last year's non calculator paper was really easy compared to this!!! aaaaaa:frown:

there is always an impossible maths paper and an ok one.im hoping this was the impossible one but they will definately have to lower the bounderies to at least 55% for an A cos by the looks of it thw whole country has found it tad bit hard (understatement of the yr!)
Reply 92
lovely_girl

there is always an impossible maths paper and an ok one.im hoping this was the impossible one but they will definately have to lower the bounderies to at least 55% for an A cos by the looks of it the whole country has found it tad bit hard (understatement of the yr!)
Reply 93
Ellie4
I'm doing ASs, but don't worry, last years maths paper was really hard, so the grade boundaries were really low - 40% for a C or something!

You can say that again. Edexcel calculator... ouch
Reply 94
Were the grade boundaries really that low last year? One of my friends who sat it with me got something like 89.6% or something and only got an A, not an A*.Oh well if this one was really hard then I assume they will lower grade boundaries

IMO, the best way not to worry about an exam it is to think of how many people in the world would never be able to answer those questions either. :tongue:
Reply 95
ok I just cried about that exam, how stupid and pathetic :rolleyes: :frown:
Reply 96
i didn't sit this paper...but someone was telling me about the probability question...

one thing i didn't get from what they were saying...

at the beginning of the question is says there were 'n-7' marbles in the bag

yet it then says there were 'n' yellow marbles and '7' white marbles..surely the total should then be 'n+7'!?

thanx
Reply 97
joka85
i didn't sit this paper...but someone was telling me about the probability question...

one thing i didn't get from what they were saying...

at the beginning of the question is says there were 'n-7' marbles in the bag

yet it then says there were 'n' yellow marbles and '7' white marbles..surely the total should then be 'n+7'!?

thanx

nah, the question did say n+7. that's word of mouth for you :P
GCSE maths is a piece of piss
Reply 99
At least we've still got our coursework to back up or maybe even move up our overall grade.

Latest