Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

gcse higher edexcel maths...impossible watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yh, i knew it had a 2 in it..jus didnt know where to put it.i think i put 2sinx or something wierd in the end.i just couldnt remember what happens with the equation if the graph is stretched in the y direction.did you get the explanation at the end?i had a go...duno how correct it was tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    It was y = sin x + 1

And y = 2 sin x

The explain question was for y = 3 sin 2 x

The answer was:

The graph has been stretch parallel to the y axis by a factor of 3 and then stretched parallel to the x axis by a factor of 1/2.
    dam, i only got the sinx+1 part...ah well...hey, was the angles question 80 degrees?

ReputationRep:
    yea, i did.thats such a relief!i knew the diagram wasnt to scale but i was sitting there thinking no was can this angle be nearly a right angle! i found the vectors proof hard. i just didnt know why they were all on the same line!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urban_flavaz)
    dam, i only got the sinx+1 part...ah well...hey, was the angles question 80 degrees?
    I didn't have an angles question (on modular).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    yea, i did.thats such a relief!i knew the diagram wasnt to scale but i was sitting there thinking no was can this angle be nearly a right angle! i found the vectors proof hard. i just didnt know why they were all on the same line!
    phew, 80 degrees didnt seem rite esp. cos there were 4 marks available. the vectors proof was hard.....i dun sumthin like PO + OM = PM but i knw it was wrong cos again, i got lost

ReputationRep:
    i dont think i dot lost in the proofs, its just that i did a load of waffle. my teacher said if you get stuck then pair up anything and everything and a reason will eventually click.my reasons were so patheitc. did you get (AAS) as the final reason for the congruence one?

ReputationRep:
    I got SAS, I figured that

The Line through the middle was common - S

The two 10 degree angles from the tangent were common - A

And the two sides that went up to form the triangle were equal - S

How did you get the AAS?

Thanks

~Pablo~

I also got 83% for that surd rectangle question. Although the answer was 83.333 I'm sure at least 4 out of 5 marks will be credited for just 83%?

ReputationRep:
    i think i got 50' for the angle one

ReputationRep:
    Do not fear, i was talking to my head of maths, this paper was worse than last years, and last year edexcel didnt even release grade boundaries till this year, A* was only 73%.

ReputationRep:
    still, i think 73% is high for that paper. i seriously

am seeing a fail,like i said, i found it impossible!

did you det 1/9 for the last question on the probability one?

ReputationRep:
    i got 1/9 too.

ReputationRep:
    Never fear...I will have the solutions for
    EDEXCEL Higher tier paper 5
    available from Friday evening at 9pm.

Just add [email protected] to get them first on friday night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    anyone else find it rock hard?? the probability one right at the end, and the mr patel car thing. i really messed that one up, how did the rest of you guys find it. and what did you get on the last page for the second sine wave?
    tell me ur views!xx

YES AND THE PROBABILITY ONE WITH THE QUADRATIC EQUATION IT WAS NASTY...i couldnt solve it and then as they were collecting the papers...its was like 7 and 14! 7 and ****ing 14! IT WAS HORRIBLE...IT WAS SOOOOOOOO NASTY....DAMNIT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Pablo~)
    I got SAS, I figured that

The Line through the middle was common - S

The two 10 degree angles from the tangent were common - A

And the two sides that went up to form the triangle were equal - S

How did you get the AAS?

Thanks

~Pablo~

I also got 83% for that surd rectangle question. Although the answer was 83.333 I'm sure at least 4 out of 5 marks will be credited for just 83%?
    ho wwas it 83! it was 95! IT WAS 95% damnit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    God how do u people remember all those questions? and the marks for them as well?
    because we sat there staring at them for ages...did anyone get 24 cm for the perimeter of the square?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    because we sat there staring at them for ages...did anyone get 24 cm for the perimeter of the square?
    twas 24

and the surd was 83.333333333

already seen the answers

And the paper was well easy by the way :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Is there anywhere online where you can get the answers for that paper? (all of them though)

ReputationRep:
    phew!!! I got 24 for the perimeter also (at least now i'm sure i've got something right).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    i did aqa higher maths and it was soooooo hard.....i know i've failed!
    even my maths teacher said it was hard!
    anyone else do aqa???

yeah i did - see my thread! oh btw 'gcse maths help' can u get solutions for aqa higher tier noncalc as well? would be much appreciated i'll give u some rep if u can thanks a lot
    xxx

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.