The Student Room Group

What does "D1" mean? (BTEC)

Hi,

So today was my first day of year 11. I sat a OCR ICT paper in year 10 around last may/june.

On 20th I got the results through the school gateway app. It's awful, keeps crashing, and couldn't log in. It wouldn't let me log in on both my Nexus 4 and 7, I ended up using my mum's iPhone to use it.

All it said on the app was this:
-----------------
OCR IT written paper 15/06/15
d1
-----------------
Thats it, so I immediatly thought d1 meant distinction. I told my parents, they where happy and I was happy about that.

But in computer science (I do both ICT and computer science, both with the same teacher) I told my teacher that I go a distinction. She said that "d1" means you got under a pass. I did not believe that. I found the paper the easiest paper I have ever done, as I am a tech geek. I didn't believe her, she insistied it's right but I still don't.

Can someone confirm what "d1" means? Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Sorry mate, your teacher's right, a d1 is under a pass
Decision Maths 1
Original post by Saleha09
Sorry mate, your teacher's right, a d1 is under a pass

I am really confused though. This test was one of the easiest exams I have ever done. I knew all the answers. Even one of the questions was "Name an input device to write an email" which is obiously keyboard.

It feels like ocr messed up with my exam or something. Any idea what do do about it? It really feels like something went wrong somewhere
Reply 4
Original post by belowaverageguy
I am really confused though. This test was one of the easiest exams I have ever done. I knew all the answers. Even one of the questions was "Name an input device to write an email" which is obiously keyboard.

It feels like ocr messed up with my exam or something. Any idea what do do about it? It really feels like something went wrong somewhere

Inquire about it! The same thing happened to me in computing. They screwed up my grade. I went from a D to an A (gcse)
My sister sat the same qualification this year and sorry, but your teacher is correct. The 1 means level 1, and yes the 'd' is for distinction.
Reply 6
Original post by spv
Inquire about it! The same thing happened to me in computing. They screwed up my grade. I went from a D to an A (gcse)

Definitely this, don't let it go, follow it up and you might be lucky and find they made a mistake. If not.. Well, at least your mind will be at ease
Original post by spv

There are 2 ICT classes in my year. I'm not alone. There are about 30, and nearly everyone is confused how they got so low. I don't understand how the teachers are not questioning it or confused how around 25 people got so low.

I have told my teacher about it, but she insists that its correct.

What I don't understand is that, no offence to anyone, someone who isn't that good at computers at all (prob. the least knowlageable in the class) got a GCSE equivelent B. I'm not sure how she has not noticed that something is not right or she may of cheated. I said I don't understand how this has happened, she says that I must not of being paying attention in class (when this course is one of the easiest anyway).
Reply 8
Original post by belowaverageguy
There are 2 ICT classes in my year. I'm not alone. There are about 30, and nearly everyone is confused how they got so low. I don't understand how the teachers are not questioning it or confused how around 25 people got so low.

I have told my teacher about it, but she insists that its correct.

What I don't understand is that, no offence to anyone, someone who isn't that good at computers at all (prob. the least knowlageable in the class) got a GCSE equivelent B. I'm not sure how she has not noticed that something is not right or she may of cheated. I said I don't understand how this has happened, she says that I must not of being paying attention in class (when this course is one of the easiest anyway).

No offence to those that find it difficult, but for me...its like.. "it's JUST computing...it's one of those courses I never had to study for" so I totally understand what you're saying. Fortunately for me, the teacher noticed how ridiculous my grade was, and already enquired about it before I even talked to him about it. I hope you get yours sorted out!
I sat my GSCE ICT Paper in June 2019. I got my result when I got back to school and I got a D1. I asked my teacher what it was and she said it was a D which is a pass. The paper was easy but I'm not sure where I went wrong because they don't give the paper back to you sadly.But I get to redo one one section and the exam, so wish me luck in a few months. Lucky me.
Reply 10
Extended Diploma in Business(triple) QCFD1= D* D* D* = 150 POINTS D2= D* D* D = 135 POINTSD3= D* D D = 120 POINTSD4= D D D = 105 POINTS D5= D D M = 95 POINTSD6= D M M = 85 POINTSM1= M M M = 75 POINTSM2- M M P = 65 PONITSM3= M P P =55 POINTSP1= P P P =45 PONITSLower than 45 points is considered as fail.

Latest