The Student Room Group

What is the different between a 90 credit BTEC level 3 diploma and..?

So, what is the difference between the 90 credit BTEC level 3 diploma and a subsidiary diploma level 3?

The above? i am confused.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 08Mercyf
So, what is the difference between the 90 credit BTEC level 3 diploma and a subsidiary diploma level 3?

A 90 credit diploma is half as big again as a subsid diploma.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
A 90 credit diploma is half as big again as a subsidiary diploma.

So, does this mean that the 90 credit is better than the subsidiary diploma?
Subsidiary - 60 credits
Reply 4
Certificate = 0.5 A levels
Subsid = 1 A level
90 Cred = 1.5 A levels
Diploma = 2 A levels
Extended Dip = 3 A levels
Reply 5
Original post by WazzaRooney1
Subsidiary - 60 credits

So the 90 credit diploma is better?
Reply 6
Original post by yt7777
Certificate = 0.5 A levels
Subsid = 1 A level
90 Cred = 1.5 A levels
Diploma = 2 A levels
Extended Dip = 3 A levels

so the extended diploma is the best out of them all?
Reply 7
so the extended diploma is the best out of them all?

Yes.
Reply 8
Original post by Compost
Yes.

so unis for nursing won't accept the 90 credit diploma 5 GCE'S

@claireestelle
so unis for nursing won't accept the 90 credit diploma 5 GCE'S

@claireestelle

you'd need an extended diploma if you had no other level 3 qualifications.
Original post by claireestelle
you'd need an extended diploma if you had no other level 3 qualifications.

ohh right but say i do the 90 credit diploma and then the access course, will i get to uni for child nursing?
ohh right but say i do the 90 credit diploma and then the access course, will i get to uni for child nursing?

The access course on its own would be enough really, having both won't really give you an advantage i d have thought.
The access course on its own would be enough really, having both won't really give you an advantage i d have thought.

so, say i don't have any level 3 qualifications but do the aceess course? this is enough?
so, say i don't have any level 3 qualifications but do the aceess course? this is enough?

yes:smile:
yes:smile:

But I am only 17 and most acesd courses require you to be 18-19+

I have enrolled at college to do the 90 credit diploma but at the same time enrolled at sixth firn to do the subsudsrary extended diploma alongside sociology and philosophy.

So, am I not better at sixth form than college?
I have enrolled at college to do the 90 credit diploma but at the same time enrolled at sixth firn to do the subsudsrary extended diploma alongside sociology and philosophy.

There is no such thing as a subsidiary extended diploma. I presume you mean the subsid diploma. If you are doing this as well as 2 A levels then you will probably be fine.
But I am only 17 and most acesd courses require you to be 18-19+

So you will have full sociology and philsophy a levels and the btec which putting them together gives you the equivalent to 3 a levels but college would give you 1.5 a levels so better staying at sixth form unless you do the 90 credit diploma and do another year to get the extended diploma
My ideal career is child nursing because I like children but they don'tst yiyr passuon fir it. Instead they jydgr bu yoyr t grades.

Typing on phone- not so easy.
Original post by Compost
There is no such thing as a subsidiary extended diploma. I presume you mean the subsid diploma. If you are doing this as well as 2 A levels then you will probably be fine.

Yeah, my bad.

It'd the subsudsry diploma.

Thsnjs for the reply.
So you will have full sociology and philsophy a levels and the btec which putting them together gives you the equivalent to 3 a levels but college would give you 1.5 a levels so better staying at sixth form unless you do the 90 credit diploma and do another year to get the extended diploma

Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply

Latest