Redoing most GCSE's for September 2015

I have a friend who has decided to redo most of her GCSE's including:
English Lang
English Lit
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

She achieved 4A's and 4B's and a C overall but isn't satisfied. She just started her first day at a sixth form doing A levels but decided to drop out.
She intends to complete these GCSE's in a year.

I'm convinced it's a bad idea. Firstly because her GCSE's are good enough to do the A level subjects she wants to do. I think she's wasting a year. It doesn't seem like she has done any research at all because she didn't know for September 2015 the top three subjects in the list above will have their more difficult and reformed equivalents rolled out. Maths is a particular worry. She just scraped a B, but the new curriculum is supposed to include 1/3 more content and be more challenging.

She's convinced she'll work super hard to get the best grades but I'm afraid that she'll realise it's too much work to do in a single year and end up fizzing out.
I think it's likely she'll end up with the same grades as before or worse and the whole year will have been wasted.

I need some advice on how to convince her to continue A levels at her current sixth form. Or if you think this is a good decision then tell me why.
Reply 1
That's a terrible idea, especially considering how good her grades are. Do you know her reason behind it other than not being "satisfied"? If she wishes to attend a high-ranking university most will disregard resists anyway.
Original post by JoshuaE
That's a terrible idea, especially considering how good her grades are. Do you know her reason behind it other than not being "satisfied"? If she wishes to attend a high-ranking university most will disregard resists anyway.

Nevermind, it seems like she's changed her mind.

Quick Reply

Latest