Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skyblue Pink)
    ooh i got that one right! just couldn't get the second part. I have a horrible feeling I misread the scale on the graph question about the median and iq range though - oh dear .

For the probability one i got (0.6 x 0.6 x 0.4) x 3 I think, and the product of prime factors I got by complete random guessing, i just sat for 15 minutes and tried every prime number starting from 2 until I got the right answer. They didn't ask you to prove how you did it though so I should still get the marks hopefully
    for the median i thnk i got 3.4 and the IQ : 3.5
    i got the same for the probability one 0.432

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undry1)
    for the median i thnk i got 3.4 and the IQ : 3.5
    i got the same for the probability one 0.432
    I got 3.4 for the median, but did the IQ range wrong thinking it meant a 1/4. Do you think I'll get one mark?

Oh did you use Cos for the triangle? What answer did you get? And the same for the 1/4 of a semi-circle?

Skyblue Pink, how come you multiplied it by three? I never? Were you supposed to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I got 3.4 for the median, but did the IQ range wrong thinking it meant a 1/4. Do you think I'll get one mark?

Oh did you use Cos for the triangle? What answer did you get? And the same for the 1/4 of a semi-circle?

Skyblue Pink, how come you multiplied it by three? I never? Were you supposed to?
    there are threee ways of getting (0.6*0.6*0.4)
    either (f=fail, p=pass)
    fpp,pfp,ppf
    so
    (0.4*0.6*0.6)+(0.6*0.4*0.6)+(0.6 *0.6*0.4)

i used tan for the triangle:
    10tan50 = 11.92cm
    because you were using the opposite and adjacent sides wheher you used 40degress or 50. i think.

which quarter circle one was there, i cant remember it

ReputationRep:
    there are threee ways of getting (0.6*0.6*0.4)
    either (f=fail, p=pass)
    fpp,pfp,ppf
    so
    (0.4*0.6*0.6)+(0.6*0.4*0.6)+(0.6 *0.6*0.4)

i used tan for the triangle:
    10tan50 = 11.92cm
    because you were using the opposite and adjacent sides wheher you used 40degress or 50. i think.

which quarter circle one was there, i cant remember it
    Argh no, I've messed it up then! I only did 0.6 x 0.6 x 0.4 and got 0.124 or something.

Tan! Argh... I used Cos, because I had the adj side and wanted to find the hyp? God knows, I didn't bother revising it thinking it would come up on calculator only.

Um, it was a fraction of a circle which was 80degrees, and you had to find out the perimeter.

ReputationRep:
    Argh no, I've messed it up then! I only did 0.6 x 0.6 x 0.4 and got 0.124 or something.

Tan! Argh... I used Cos, because I had the adj side and wanted to find the hyp? God knows, I didn't bother revising it thinking it would come up on calculator only.

Um, it was a fraction of a circle which was 80degrees, and you had to find out the perimeter.
    oh THAT one. the answer was 4pi + 18. i just worked out the arc length as 4pi and left it like that. checked it three times , didnt notice anything untoward. left me depressed. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    oh THAT one. the answer was 4pi + 18. i just worked out the arc length as 4pi and left it like that. checked it three times , didnt notice anything untoward. left me depressed. :mad:
    Ah, arcs...

I got the + 18. But just did the 2pi x r, thing and then added 18.

ReputationRep:
    Can any of you remember the answer to the 3 mark angle question, which was find OAC or something?

ReputationRep:
    Can any of you remember the answer to the 3 mark angle question, which was find OAC or something?
    i got 42 degrees.

ReputationRep:
    i got 42 degrees.
    Ah okay, I got thirty two! Hehe. I'm probably looking like a right thicko, but I think I got some questions right, I just seem to remember all the ones I messed up on.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, I got thirty two! Hehe. I'm probably looking like a right thicko, but I think I got some questions right, I just seem to remember all the ones I messed up on.
    no, no, no. youre not a thicko,: you got 4pi +18.

ReputationRep:
    no, no, no. youre not a thicko,: you got 4pi +18.
    Hehe not quite, although was getting there! I think most of these questions I'll get half the marks, which is something. I just don't get them quite right!

I can see you'll ace the maths exam! Wow, you're all maths genius' here . I wasn't taught any of the higher paper stuff (bar a quick look at quadratics), so I'll blame bad grades on that.

ReputationRep:
    what did you get for the vectors one on the last page. last question: was it 3b?

ReputationRep:
    what did you get for the vectors one on the last page. last question: was it 3b?
    I guessed, I'd never seen a vector before.

Um, I know I made something into a triangle! I don't know.

Remind me, what did you put?

ReputationRep:
    I guessed, I'd never seen a vector before.

Um, I know I made something into a triangle! I don't know.

Remind me, what did you put?
    i think it was the vector from P to Q. i put 3b.

ReputationRep:
    finding 0.158 (reccuring)
    is 157/990 ( i think this is right, would ne1 like to verify this?)
    X = 0.158
    1000X = 158.58
    10X = 1.58
    990X = 157
    so X = 157/990

BTW i got this question wrong in the exam but... o well atleast we can all put our minds at ease......

ReputationRep:
    I am confussed!!! i did AQA maths GCSE and i didnt get any of those questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ob8x8do)
    I am confussed!!! i did AQA maths GCSE and i didnt get any of those questions.
    were you doing higher tier?

ReputationRep:
    Found that exam quite tricky.
    I hope ive got around 75-80 % then make it up with the calc next tuesday and cwork.

The crates Q answer was 50 according to 2 mates of mine (i got 49 somehow ??) and they are like top 5 challengers so i think they are right.

I know ive messed up on a few questions, like the perimeter Q, i forgot to add the 18 cm to the Pi figure !
    and the alternate segment Q i forgot to minus the 32 degrees. really annoyed i didnt check it properly.
    Hope to god the Calc paper is easy !
    Good luck everybody with that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingo)
    Found that exam quite tricky.
    I hope ive got around 75-80 % then make it up with the calc next tuesday and cwork.

The crates Q answer was 50 according to 2 mates of mine (i got 49 somehow ??) and they are like top 5 challengers so i think they are right.

I know ive messed up on a few questions, like the perimeter Q, i forgot to add the 18 cm to the Pi figure !
    and the alternate segment Q i forgot to minus the 32 degrees. really annoyed i didnt check it properly.
    Hope to god the Calc paper is easy !
    Good luck everybody with that one.
    the answer to the crates was definitely 56. because:
    error of measurement of the max mass was 5350. the crates weigh a min of 95. 5350/95 = 56.3
    56.3 has to be rounded down cos you cant have .3 of a crate. so the answer is 56.

hey i also forgot to add the 18 on the 4pi.

ReputationRep:
    the answer to the crates was definitely 56. because:
    error of measurement of the max mass was 5350. the crates weigh a min of 95. 5350/95 = 56.3
    56.3 has to be rounded down cos you cant have .3 of a crate. so the answer is 56.

hey i also forgot to add the 18 on the 4pi.
    Hmm, but it did ask for the maximum, would it not break if you put to many on? So if chose the maximum calculation of 105, there would be no chance of it breaking?

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.