The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
danielf90
The question did not say "what are the maximum amount of boxes the crane could lift SAFELY" it jus sed "what are the maximum amount of boxes this crane could lift" Therefore the answer is 100% definitely and totally 56! and just because 2 people who are on their way to gettin top 5 letters got a different answer doesn't mean its right
(for ur info, i was tol dtheres a gud chance i cud get a top 5 letter - well i dont think i hav now after sum v v v stupid mistakes but...i definitely know that the answer is 56!!!!)

i agree. i was told i was able to get 100%, which i have done on practice papers. but silly mistakes put paid to that.
Reply 61
Ok i see ure point. Chill though !

Thing is wouldn't the crane snap before lifting the full 5880 (if all 56 crates are 105) ?
just a thought.
neway i guess it dont matter anymore as sed above

Chris
Changing the subject, does any1 know how to works out the maximum load a bridge can take?

its for a project in school

thanxs
Reply 63
Lord Garfield
Changing the subject, does any1 know how to works out the maximum load a bridge can take?

its for a project in school

thanxs

put lots of cars on it of the same weight untill it starts making creaking noises, then remove some cars. :tongue:
Fry
put lots of cars on it of the same weight untill it starts making creaking noises, then remove some cars. :tongue:

Its a railway bridge!

Is there a formula?

Latest

Trending

Trending