Help! IGCSE!! How can my brother study for them ?

Watch
Rose_987
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi , Guys

My brother has started year 10 today and he found out that he is doing IGCSE for maths and english. Where can i find the any study resource and what are the difference between the two GCSE. He is doing Edexcel.

Please Help,
Cblivall93l
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rose_987)
Hi , Guys

My brother has started year 10 today and he found out that he is doing IGCSE for maths and english. Where can i find the any study resource and what are the difference between the two GCSE. He is doing Edexcel.

Please Help,
Hi.

About the study resources, I would suggest that you take a look online at Amazon or any bookshops i.e. WHSmiths which sell study guides and find either the Letts Revise IGCSE Mathematics Study Guide or the Edexcel Certificate/ IGCSE Maths Revision Guide. I had the ICT/English equivalents and found them both really helpful and easy to understand.
They also do study guides for the iGCSE English as well.

As for the difference between the two, are you asking about the difference between iGCSEs and GCSES?

I've found this, which explains it if you are:
The IGCSE allows teaching to be placed in a localised context, making it relevant in different regions. It is suitable for students whose first language may not be English and this is acknowledged throughout the examination progress.

GCSEs are what most students in the UK take as they are the most widely available qualification.
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cblivall93l)
Hi.

About the study resources, I would suggest that you take a look online at Amazon or any bookshops i.e. WHSmiths which sell study guides and find either the Letts Revise IGCSE Mathematics Study Guide or the Edexcel Certificate/ IGCSE Maths Revision Guide. I had the ICT/English equivalents and found them both really helpful and easy to understand.
They also do study guides for the iGCSE English as well.

As for the difference between the two, are you asking about the difference between iGCSEs and GCSES?

I've found this, which explains it if you are:
The IGCSE allows teaching to be placed in a localised context, making it relevant in different regions. It is suitable for students whose first language may not be English and this is acknowledged throughout the examination progress.

GCSEs are what most students in the UK take as they are the most widely available qualification.
Hi , Guys

Please Help,

Well... I disagree ^

IGCSE - Traditional O-Level system for an example the sciences are a lot harder and closer to A-Level than GCSE is. However... English Language ofcourse is going to be easier, but literature isn't.

GCSE - They combined CSE and O-Level into this " GCSE " and is going though give changes as they want GCSE upto first-class standard comparing to the top education systems such as South Korea. IGCSE CIE always makes sure its tougher than GCSE's don't know why.
Rose_987
Rep:
?
(Original post by ckfeister)
Well... I disagree ^

IGCSE - Traditional O-Level system for an example the sciences are a lot harder and closer to A-Level than GCSE is. However... English Language ofcourse is going to be easier, but literature isn't.

GCSE - They combined CSE and O-Level into this " GCSE " and is going though give changes as they want GCSE upto first-class standard comparing to the top education systems such as South Korea. IGCSE CIE always makes sure its tougher than GCSE's don't know why.
So is there any way to prepare for the exam, even the the exam is after 2 year, My brother is still worried. Is there any past paper to do ?.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So is there any way to prepare for the exam, even the the exam is after 2 year, My brother is still worried. Is there any past paper to do ?.
He is at school, he will be provided with teaching, text books and resources to enable him to learn the content and prepare for the exams. If you look on the edexcel web site you will see a wealth of past papers to use for revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tell him to ask the school tutor.
Rose_987
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
He is at school, he will be provided with teaching, text books and resources to enable him to learn the content and prepare for the exams. If you look on the edexcel web site you will see a wealth of past papers to use for revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OK thanks I will tell him
Rose_987
Rep:
?
(Original post by ckfeister)
Tell him to ask the school tutor.
Thank you for your help,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads