The Student Room Group

2nd year and getting paid

Student FINANCE have said i get paid on the 14th of this month. However, i cant ENROL till after the17th when i get my resits results. Am i going to get the money on the 14th or is it going to be delayed ? Thanks
Original post by Jimmy Gonzalez
Student FINANCE have said i get paid on the 14th of this month. However, i cant ENROL till after the17th when i get my resits results. Am i going to get the money on the 14th or is it going to be delayed ? Thanks

I would say it would most likely be delayed as some universities won't put it through until you're enrolled
ah :/ thanks
Reply 3
The process is:

1) You enrol at uni
2) The uni confirms to SF that you have turned up and enrolled
3) SF release your funds
4) Your funds move through the banking system into your bank account

Each one of those stages can potentially involve delays. The date given by SF is the eariest possible date on which they will release your funds. If your uni enrolment date is after that, then your payment will be later than the date given by SF.

As an example using your case, if you manage to enrol on Fri 18th, the earliest that the uni is likely to inform SF is Mon 21st. Then you might get your funding sometime that week. In reality it all depends on how soon after your results you can enrol, how soon after that your uni tell SF, and how quickly SF release your funds. Nothing is likely to happen over weekends. Make sure you have enough of your own money to cover you for the first couple of weeks, just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest