The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Engineering students of City University London

Hi guys so I'm starting the Mechanical Engineering MEng course at city this year. Just wanted to see if I can get to know anyone else studying any of the engineering courses at city :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey I'm doing the same course
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Nice. I look forward to meeting with you in the near future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Im doing EE but hello nontheless :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi. Im sure we're all going to know each other within the faculty
Reply 5
Hey @Noshe247 did you get any events scheduled for tomorrow (the 21st) on your freshers timetable?
Reply 6
Hi @katejmc no I haven't got anything scheduled for tomorrow. I've got the inductions, welcomes and a trip to the London Eye on Tuesday 22nd. And then there's "completion 9f registration and issue of university id card" on Wednesday 23rd.
Reply 7
Its weird,I am doing engineering with management and entrepreneurship and i got a trip on 21st on the river thames.I got that timetable from the website so yea.
Reply 8
Original post by Faxri96
Its weird,I am doing engineering with management and entrepreneurship and i got a trip on 21st on the river thames.I got that timetable from the website so yea.

so does that mean we should all come? and also where and when is the meetup for this event?
Reply 9
Original post by Noshe247
so does that mean we should all come? and also where and when is the meetup for this event?

I just checked mechanical engineering and it seems that you have to go on 22nd.Here check this link its all there for all the courses:http://tinyurl.com/qy5rhtx
Reply 10
Original post by Faxri96
I just checked mechanical engineering and it seems that you have to go on 22nd.Here check this link its all there for all the courses:http://tinyurl.com/qy5rhtx

thanks for that. ive read the time table for my course and for other courses but cant seem to understand why we're not on this boat trip. ah well, maybe ill find out something when I get there tomorrow anyway.
Reply 11
Original post by Faxri96

Yeah this is exactly what I was confused about tbh, by chance I was also sent the Civil Engineering timetable and it has the boat ride there listed as "Welcome to the School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering Event" (the boat down the Thames)

Well, that seems like a department-wide event, but for some reason it's not on the Mechanical timetable, not sure why.
Reply 12
Posted from TSR Mobile

@katejmc do you want to go and see what's going on? I've read there's stuff going on around the university anyway.
heyy guys, im studying civil engineering any1 else???!!!!!!!! and am i the only 1 who thinks throwing a bunch of students on a boat is slightly awks...
Original post by doyouevenlift96
heyy guys, im studying civil engineering any1 else???!!!!!!!! and am i the only 1 who thinks throwing a bunch of students on a boat is slightly awks...

Same here. It's 30mins away from the main site. I was thinking of stopping by the main site, ask a few questions, get some lunch and then go to the trip.

I'm not even sure if we meet at the main site then go to Thames or just go straight to the Thames and hope there's a sign saying "City Students Come Here!!" Lol.
Reply 15
Original post by Noshe247
Posted from TSR Mobile

@katejmc do you want to go and see what's going on? I've read there's stuff going on around the university anyway.

I was going to maybe, but I'm feeling kinda lazy lmao, I'll just go to the stuff starting tomorrow
Reply 16
I think I'm gonna go straight to the trip,since it doesn't say that we have to gather up somewhere it just gives the address of the boat trip.
Reply 17
Posted from TSR Mobile

That was a good idea. Just got back from uni and not going to lie it was a bit dead today.
Reply 18
Everyone else excited to be finally start on Monday? Im terrified
Reply 19
I don't even have a timetable yet lol.I just know which room i need to be in.I think it will be fine,but I really wanna know how many times a week we have lectures.I heard its 3 days every week or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending