The Student Room Group

Loughborough, didn't get what I wanted. want ensuite, what to do?

I've been pretty unsure on uni. I got into it as my firm but I made a mistake and didn't apply for accomodation till after I got in. My accomodation offer was given last week and I got my third choice but instead of catered ensuite I got catered and a standard. I preferred to stay on the east or even central but I need an ensuite with my room. What can I do?
Original post by krs111
I've been pretty unsure on uni. I got into it as my firm but I made a mistake and didn't apply for accomodation till after I got in. My accomodation offer was given last week and I got my third choice but instead of catered ensuite I got catered and a standard. I preferred to stay on the east or even central but I need an ensuite with my room. What can I do?

tbh you are lucky to get any room at all given you applied late. You were never guarenteed your preferred room anyway unless you have a medical condition which means you need an ensuite, and in second year plus you will have to share a bathroom anyway.
Why is it so important to have an en-suite? Please try to relax and enjoy university for what it is. Once you arrive you will be absolutely fine, don't worry! A very good friend of mine went to Loughborough and had a great time- this is supposed to be one of the best experiences of your life, so enjoy it!

Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest