The Student Room Group

Needing some inspiration for my Final Year Project/Dissertation

Hi there :smile:

I'm about to go into my 3rd year of my BSc Digital media course. The course covers a range of skills from programming, animation, film, graphics, design.

I really enjoy the graphic design side of things. This is also my strength (as opposed to programming and coding which I am terrible at). I am in no way an expert but I can work my way around Photoshop and Illustrator to produce design work. :dance: I also can do 2d animations. Another interest of mine is social media and marketing.

If anyone has any inspiration for a final year project within that sort of criteria that would be amazing. I have a few ideas but nothing solid. I first thought about creating infographics/blog/animations to help 1st year students get through uni life with advice in all aspects of student life (budgeting, making friends, stress, working etc). This could all be shared and tracked on social media. I also thought about doing the same idea, but by making a one off e-booklet with the same sort of information.

But it feels like the idea is a bit, boring. Like its being done every year (I have no idea if this is actually the case, haha.) So can any of you help me get my creative juices flowing. I am not asking you to think of my idea for me, but just perhaps give me some inspiration....:dontknow:

Thank you!:u:
Reply 1
Hey I'm going to be studying this course at BCU first year however prior to this my course in college was also similar to this, so for each project I would have an inital purpose of why I was creating it for instance I created a Flash based interactive presentation that would allow students to know more about courses available in the college, all the facilities/activities/venue while incorporating video of college life and interviews from students.

Me personal I would create something that is meaningful to you and the audience but really just outdo yourself do something you haven't done before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending