Sheffield Hallam Adult Nursing March 2016 intake Watch

Betty.G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello I was just wondering if there's anyone else in the same position as me?
If there's anyone who can give me any information about holidays and most importantly about student acomidation? I've read somewhere that we just join in with students already settled in acomidation? I can't apply until October so I have no clue what's happening. Or is there not anyway they can just put March intake together so where in the same boat ?
Thanks
Spangle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, Sorry I cant help you with accommodation and holidays as im starting in march next year too and dont need accommodation. I have been looking for students doing the same course so we can share info. Are you on the bsc or pgdip adult nursing? ☺
essfearon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I'm also starting in March and I'm so confused about where were being accommodated and holidays too. Not too sure if there's an open day for us aswell but it's nerve racking not knowing anything!
MAARYAAZIM
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I'm also starting in March. I'm doing the Bsc and i'm very confused as to how i would apply to accommodation and when we actually finish. Have Sheffield emailed you or sent you anything regarding this?
Jadene95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys, I also start in March next year. You apply for accomodation in October and you choose your halls during that application. I'm guessing you fill the places of the students that have left university maybe from September this year, however the contract ends in July. Ive got a prototype timetable for the March intake. If you type into Google, 'shu nursing timetable' im sure you'll be able to find it and have a look for yourself.
Jodie_May
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing adult nursing and am a March intake! It's going to be so weird for us because everyone else will already have their new friends and know everyone on their course!
Jodie_May
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a March intake and I was able to apply for my accommodation months ago?
Jadene95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really? Ive had a look on the website for accomodation and it says March entry students can't apply until october. May be worth trying to apply now. Where have you applied to live?
Jodie_May
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah I was concerned that as March starts we weren't getting the same opportunity as everyone else as we had less choice over where we live so emailed them and they said go ahead and apply they just can't confirm until February? I've applied for the forge and the anville! Where Are you going to apply?
Jadene95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not entirely sure yet, however my friend lived in the forge in her first year and it was nice. How are you feeling about starting?
Jodie_May
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My friend has just moved in to the forge for her first year of adult nursing, had a little face time tour and it looks really good tbh. And mixed emotions, really excited to start and impatient as obviously we're not starting for a while, dead scared at the same time though since I absolutely hate change, how are you feeling about it?
Jadene95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aww, I feel really excited to start, little bit nervous though. I'm sure it will all be fun and games. How old are you? Moving far from home to stay in sheffield?
Jodie_May
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It'll probs be great when we actually start but atm still feels a bit weird to be going after all the work it took to get there you know? I'm not moving that far about an hour and a half but don't know Sheffield very well,you? And I'm 18 but will be 19 by the time we start, how old are you?
Jadene95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not too far away from scarboriugh. I know a little bit of sheffield, could navigate my way around. I'll be 21 in March
essfearon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it'll be fun, although everyone else will know each other by the time we move in we've got a chance to get to know each other so it won't be as bad. I'm actually excited to start now, how about you guys?
Jodie_May
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm excited to start but feeling like a Billy no mates atm since everyone's gone to uni now, it might be a bit harder for us since we don't get a freshers and everyone will already have their own friendship groups
essfearon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We should start a whatsapp group or something, I know it's going to be so hard making friends when we get there though 😔
Jodie_May
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by essfearon)
We should start a whatsapp group or something, I know it's going to be so hard making friends when we get there though 😔
Definitely! I think you can private message on here if you want to send me your number and I'll add you?
Jadene95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jodie_May)
Definitely! I think you can private message on here if you want to send me your number and I'll add you?
That's such a good idea. It will be hard but all of us are in the same boat
Ab194
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's unsure about all this! I rang up and was told the nursing accommodation was Charlotte court and Bramall.. But I could be wrong. Not exactly looking forward to starting after everyone else though..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 6 Oct '19
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 27 Oct '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.58%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (231)
58.48%
No (138)
34.94%

Watched Threads