y? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
why is it that most people who visit this site ave really good grades, and those that have average or below dnt?
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't have good grades!!! Mine are pretty average - I got CCCD at AS level, although I have done many retakes which I put more effort into. Still I'm not looking at any really intellectual uni's - I want to go to East Anglia. I still visit here though!!!
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
I didn't get spectacular grades at all, I got a B in pretty much everything. The only thing I got an A in was History but this was balanced out by the fact that I was forced into taking Geography (school f**ked up and I had to do it dispite me not having studied it) which I got a C in. I do not think that you should rate intelligence on the basis of grades!
tweetsy85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
in order to discover this site, people had to go to a "Learning Forum". Automatically, that means people came here looking for academic help (That's why I came here anyway during my exams!). As a generalisation I suppose that people who really care about their grades tend to come to forums like these more than people who care less about their studies.

Also people who dont do very well , dont want to publicise that, especially if there are those who post how well they've done.

And anyway, I think Bs and Cs are excellent too and are absolutely nothing to be ashamed of!
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i have a theory here...it is after all an educational site + although we only occasionally talk about college etc + often ramble completely about really random things, we did all find it at some time for a purpose to do with our education. that shows we actually care about our results etc. and are more likely to try hard and revise blah blah getting us good grades.

does anyone agree? (does it even make sense?)

lou xxx
cricket
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
makes sense, even though that's not why I came here. I have learned alot here though. I make good grades as well though, I'm overall an A student, with an Ocasional B every now and then.
It'sPhil...
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
why is it that most people who visit this site ave really good grades, and those that have average or below dnt?
you probably think that cos a few ppl who admitedly have great grades feel the urge to tell everyone that they have 24 A*s at GCSE or whatever but most ppl here are cool down to earth ppl and it shouldnt and doesnt matter what grades you have everyone is welcome. i havent been here long but its a well decent site - you shouldnt be put off if you dont have amazing grades - as you can see most of the chat here is random ramblings and not all boffy school stuff...
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
Im soooo tempted to go into one of my "A*'s doesn't mean intelligent" rants but I have done that so many times, I'm scared that I would depress most of the forum.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Please do Leekey - your a mod so you could delete your post afterwards (beware d is on at present)
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
Aren't really in the mood now (too tired). If you like I will post one when I get my AS results. No doubt, by that point I will need reminding that a "U" does not make me a terribly stupid person (just one that has no flair fo sitting exams -especially electronics).
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
leekey- u could always prepare a rant and then post it on EVERY thread, that way it saves u the hassle of retyping...mind you now you're a mod you should probably lead by example....wil quit rambling (how often do i end up saying that?)
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
I get the feeling that copying and pasting a rant (especially one of my lengthy, confusing, left-wing, slightly deranged ones) would create much hate towards me.......i never apologise for my ramblings and neither should you!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads