Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got my exam tomorrow (AQA) and I don't really know how to revise. I mean I have done all the work during the course including learning vocab etc, but is there anything else that I can do now, before tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Not really to be honest, all I did was look over vocab - and even that wasn't particularly useful. The main thing is to stay calm, french listening IMO is one of those things which is almost unrevisable. Just make sure you stay alert in the exam and don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Not really to be honest, all I did was look over vocab - and even that wasn't particularly useful. The main thing is to stay calm, french listening IMO is one of those things which is almost unrevisable. Just make sure you stay alert in the exam and don't worry!

Yeh, that's what I was thinking. IMO a language is something you "absorb" over time by learning vocab, which I have done. Just wondering what other people thought, or if anyone had any good suggestions...you never know!

ReputationRep:
    How have your exams gone so far?

ReputationRep:
    How have your exams gone so far?
    Um okay thanks. I had Higher Maths today, which I was dreading but it actually okay! Geog was good as well except I mucked up the first question cos our teacher taught us the wrong terms for plate boundaries, so most of my friends mucked that question up too. I've also had Eng Lit and German Listening which were so-so. I had Double Award Science yesterday and Bio and Chem were good but Physics was really bad! I didn't know what to write for 1/2 the questions, they were really random. Oh well ..... I've still got so many more to do!

Have you had any exams recently?

ReputationRep:
    Just try and learn some vocabulary, know your evrbs and maybe look over some topics which you have previously done. Can't say how much of this will make too much of a difference. But listen out for key phrases. Make sure you know what you are listening for to answer the question. And also, know your french numbers!

ReputationRep:
    Tip: Listen to French radio. Tune your radio in to MW or LW or something...and just get yourself focusing on listening and taking in French. Also, you can get practice listening exams from like WhSmith and places...though seeing as it's tomorrow, you might not have time. Learn some typical vocab...and if you have any past listening papers that your teachers have given you, have a look through them and see what kind of stuff comes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Um okay thanks. I had Higher Maths today, which I was dreading but it actually okay! Geog was good as well except I mucked up the first question cos our teacher taught us the wrong terms for plate boundaries, so most of my friends mucked that question up too. I've also had Eng Lit and German Listening which were so-so. I had Double Award Science yesterday and Bio and Chem were good but Physics was really bad! I didn't know what to write for 1/2 the questions, they were really random. Oh well ..... I've still got so many more to do!

Have you had any exams recently?
    I've had General Studies, Geography and English Lit - they went okay thanks. I've got History on Thursday though, and loads to do, but 2 days is plenty of time for me.

ReputationRep:
    I've had General Studies, Geography and English Lit - they went okay thanks. I've got History on Thursday though, and loads to do, but 2 days is plenty of time for me.
    Cool, good luck! My first history exam is on Tuesday, better start revising!

What History course do you do for AS?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.