The Student Room Group

Finance Higher Apprenticeships

I have been looking around the web for different higher apprenticeships in finance. I have found ones like Nestle, Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls Royce etc.

Does anyone know anything about these apprenticeships and if they are any good as an alternative to doing maths or accountancy and finance at uni?? is pay good over time?

Also, how easy are they to get into? do i need to do anything in particular to increase my chances of getting in?

I am currently doing maths, physics and chemistry at A2 if this helps and I have an AS in further maths and biology.

Help is appreciated!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by jack.lp.thompson
I have been looking around the web for different higher apprenticeships in finance. I have found ones like Nestle, Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls Royce etc.Does anyone know anything about these apprenticeships and if they are any good as an alternative to doing maths or accountancy and finance at uni?? is pay good over time?Also, how easy are they to get into? do i need to do anything in particular to increase my chances of getting in?I am currently doing maths, physics and chemistry at A2 if this helps and I have an AS in further maths and biology.Help is appreciated!!! :smile:

It is a better alternative to university. Many offer qualifications such as AAT Level 3 & 4, CIMA, then you can do ACA or ACCA with them. You don't need to pay anything and you get a permanent job with the company in the end. Salary increases too.

Like everything it's not easy to get into, you need to stand out from the crowd. Try to get some experience in a finance department at a local company or accountancy firm, do some extra curricular stuff and try to do an entry level finance qualification to show your interest as well. (we had the option to do this as an enrichment subject)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kyoti
It is a better alternative to university. Many offer qualifications such as AAT Level 3 & 4, CIMA, then you can do ACA or ACCA with them. You don't need to pay anything and you get a permanent job with the company in the end. Salary increases too. Like everything it's not easy to get into, you need to stand out from the crowd. Try to get some experience in a finance department at a local company or accountancy firm, do some extra curricular stuff and try to do an entry level finance qualification to show your interest as well. (we had the option to do this as an enrichment subject)

Thank you for your help! I will look into getting some work experience :smile: And we don't really have any options for anything like that. Is that similar to extended project (EPQ)?

So, have you done a finance higher apprenticeship then because I can't find anyone who has!
Reply 3
I am in the exact same position. I got my A levels this summer and decided uni was not the route i wanted to take. I've decidee i want to do an apprenticeship in accounting / finance. I too have found the big companies apprenticeships but they will be extreamley hard to get with a lot of competition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending