username2128171
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am in year 11 and we are starting our unit 4: citizenship campaign controlled assessment
Currently my group and I haven't got much ideas on what we should campaign for, and I was wondering if anyone had ideas/ what have you done for this unit, if you had done it?

Heres some further info about my group and what I'm looking for (though i welcome any ideas!):
Last year, for unit 2 I had done a campaign about recycling, the other two in my group about littering, therefore we cannot do that topic area again.
This time we surely have to make a change, physical or in a way that changes people's perspective. My group and I want to keep this campaign in school and perhaps online if possible (though are slightly willing to go to the public stationed near our school for opinions etc.)
Meee2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Ai-Kurrikku;59113059]I am in year 11 and we are starting our unit 4: citizenship campaign controlled assessment
Currently my group and I haven't got much ideas on what we should campaign for, and I was wondering if anyone had ideas/ what have you done for this unit, if you had done it?

Heres some further info about my group and what I'm looking for (though i welcome any ideas!):
Last year, for unit 2 I had done a campaign about recycling, the other two in my group about littering, therefore we cannot do that topic area again.
This time we surely have to make a change, physical or in a way that changes people's perspective. My group and I want to keep this campaign in school and perhaps online if possible (though are slightly willing to go to the public stationed near our school for opinions etc.)[/QUOTE

hi, what did you get in your unit 2 course work and what topic did you choose in your unit 4 course work, if you don't mind me asking. i am also doing recycling for my unit 4 coursework and our teacher left and i don't know what to do i want to get a good grade.
username2128171
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In Unit 2 I got 65/90
I'm pretty sure my writing pulled me down, as well as my lack of evidence which I tried to improve on in Unit 4 where I got 72/90

For Unit 4 I decided to do homelessness (it was really big and I'm sad I didn't get more marks because I basically organised a fundraiser all by myself because my group nor school would help, had to hire my own hall and everything)

Teachers leaving sucks, that was my situation in the beginning however my year 10 teacher who came back was quite incompetent and had an attitude unbecoming of a teacher. Very unhelpful.

With concerns to doing recycling I know that a group in my class had done rubbish bins and they got decent marks as well.
What I would recommend is that you have an idea of what you want to improve.
For my Unit 2, I raised the awareness of proper recycling etiquettes, what you can and cannot recycle, within the school as well as getting a recycling bin for each and every classroom.
This task was actually very easy, except my school being a private school were not bothered to pay for more bins or allow us to fundraise for some weird reason (:
Doing that and having a little fundraiser to make funds I believe would be a great idea, and advocates how proper recycling is important as a reason why advocating it would make a change would help gain marks in my opinion.
My bourough had sent out recycling leaflets on how not recycling properly lead to many bags of recycling being rejected instead of sort through.
If you search towerhamlets recycling and look at the images those are where I got my information and was inspired to do that topic for Unit 2.

Sorry if I'm a bit everywhere with this. However in summary what I did was:
Make presentations as to why recycling is important and how to do it properly
Try and get bins for each classroom by talking to the headteachers about it and trying to organise a fundraiser to raise funds needed for them.

You can also email your local MP or something about recyling and if you believe there should be recycling bins laid out in a certain area which could also be another change that you have made. I know that in my class someone for Unit 2 and another group in Unit 4 managed to convince the bourough to put on more bins in certain areas.

If you need anymore guidance, I'll be happy to help.
I didn't get the best grades for citizenship, which I blame on not having books nor a teacher to teach me lol so I relate to you in the respects of not having a teacher as a guide.

Edit:

Ooh I also for recycling interviews and quizzed people on their knowledge of good recycling what can and cannot be recycled and compared before and after to show the change in knowledge
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
14.95%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (97)
32.23%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.64%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.65%
I think it's an unfair expectation (75)
24.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1%

Watched Threads