young akhi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello guys,

I am looking for a job or a way to make money while i am uni, usually what works for me is a weekend job so thats what im looking for, but i am open minded.

I want to use this thread to help me and other people at the same time, please reply with places to work that are suitable for students, explaining any info you know, pay rate, about job role etc..

anything you respond by would help and get more people to engage.
also if you know any other ways to make money which isn't by a ragular job then I am open minded (as long as its not illegal lol).

I will start by mentioning call centers, they are very flexible and pay very well also, between £8 and can reach £12 an hour.. which puts retail to shame, best pay rates I found at retail is £8 an hour , maybe £9 for luxury retail.

waiting for your reply's
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by young akhi)
Hello guys,

I am looking for a job or a way to make money while i am uni, usually what works for me is a weekend job so thats what im looking for, but i am open minded.

I want to use this thread to help me and other people at the same time, please reply with places to work that are suitable for students, explaining any info you know, pay rate, about job role etc..

anything you respond by would help and get more people to engage.
also if you know any other ways to make money which isn't by a ragular job then I am open minded (as long as its not illegal lol).

I will start by mentioning call centers, they are very flexible and pay very well also, between £8 and can reach £12 an hour.. which puts retail to shame, best pay rates I found at retail is £8 an hour , maybe £9 for luxury retail.

waiting for your reply's
Mcdonalds.
They are very flexible. You can work whatever days/hours suit you really and you can do as many/as little hours as you like. Working there is popular with students. You can also transfer stores between your home store and your uni store quite easily as most stores allow this so you can work at one store while at uni and at another store in the holidays at home. Or you could just work at one store- either at home or at uni. The people working there are from all walks of life and are usually great people to work with. The pay isnt the best- this varies between stores as some are franchised and some are company owned (and different franchises pay different rates) but money is money i suppose.
maria:)
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how much does mcdonals pay?
samina_ay
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by maria:))
how much does mcdonals pay?
whenever i apply for mcdonalds i get rejected. useless
BlackThunder10
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samina_ay)
whenever i apply for mcdonalds i get rejected. useless
i know right it really embarrassing
samina_ay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BlackThunder10)
i know right it really embarrassing
and i've applied over 20 times for different vacancies. how do you get them to call u for an interview? lol
BlackThunder10
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samina_ay)
and i've applied over 20 times for different vacancies. how do you get them to call u for an interview? lol
..be foreign, and no ambitions in life
Seveers
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
John Lewis. No experience required. Just be polite, smart and hardworking. Got my first day in the cafe today
WannabeDoctor98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Seveers)
John Lewis. No experience required. Just be polite, smart and hardworking. Got my first day in the cafe today
John Lewis in my area only let you apply if you have a least a years experience. Then again so does every shop in the local area. Where I'm supposed to get this experience from is beyond me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seveers
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WannabeDoctor98)
John Lewis in my area only let you apply if you have a least a years experience. Then again so does every shop in the local area. Where I'm supposed to get this experience from is beyond me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
:O Mine required none. Caterer in the cafe in the store. Also you can try Sainsburys.
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I worked at Tesco while I was at Sixth form and also Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks from Uni, they are quite a decent company to work for and the pay is good, I was on £7.84 as my base and then £11.76 on Sundays and Bank Holidays, working weekends while at college I managed to earn over £600 per month with no overtime, also like I said they take me back for holidays from uni and I have earned £4000 this summer which is really helpful for when I go back to uni this month
maria:)
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
do you think it is going to be hard getting a part time job as an EU student with almost no work experience? (all i did was teach a martial arts class to children this summer)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (272)
61.12%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.72%
No- I want it (119)
26.74%
No- I don't want it (33)
7.42%

Watched Threads