The Student Room Group

Can't settle into college.

(Please send me to the right place if I am in the wrong one)

Hi, so I started sixth form college on Tuesday, and I feel so lonely. I was really looking foward to it and was pretty much the only person I knew who was.

In March I finally found a good group of friends - this was the first time I really felt part of a friendship group. (I'm 16 btw.) Within 4 days I have been completely rejected by them and none of them want to spend any time with me outside lesson, sit with me on the bus or even just message me. I have made an effort to organise numerous places for us to meet up in and out of college, tried to offer them help with studies and suggested we met up for lunch yesterday. none of them seem to care at all, they haven't made any new friends, just essentially kicked me out the group. My best friend is also at a completely different college to me.

I have tried to make friends with new people, but have found timetables tend to clash or that people just have other plans. I'm also stggling with some of my courses.

I really don't know what to do. I feel completely bewildered, sad and angry, and I'm starting to hate college already because I have nobody to experience it with.

Does anybody have any advice? It would be grately appreciated!!

Thank you :smile:

(sorry for the spelling etc!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone? Will be giving rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest