What might my A2 predicted grades be?

Watch
emwalker212
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi!

This year I'm continuing Sociology, Psychology and English Literature as A2 subjects.

The grades I received were A, B, C (in the same order as listed above).

I'm planning on retaking the Psychology exam next year as I am sure I can get an A in AS (certain things made me unable to revise to my full ability and that showed).

Could anyone tell me what they believe I'll be predicted for A2? I would ideally like AAB, is this possible? I believe I was 3 UMS from a B in English.

I worked hard in AS and my teachers (especially Psychology) know this, I'm also willing to show my teachers that I will get the AAB grades by possibly doing extra work?

I was thinking about talking to my English teacher and suggesting that I could give her a different essay every week or every two weeks so my essay skills continue to grow and she sees the improvement and how much work I'm willing to put in? I could do the same for Psychology, is this a good idea to suggest to these teachers?

Thank you for any help
EmilyPlatypus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some people say your school predicts you one below, one above or even two above so it varies
If you worked hard at AS and your teachers know and acknowledge that, then I'm sure you'll get predicted higher ultimately it depends on how your school does predictions

Posted from TSR Mobile
EmilyPlatypus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
And about handing in extra work to teachers, you could do that but it may be seen as bribery in some way? I'm not sure but you should definitely do that anyway to improve your skills for A2 exams! So I say go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perplexing Pleb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can try and convince your teachers to give you higher predicted grades but don't bother if you know you won't achieve them as the university may offer you those inflated predicted grades.
thefreakoffreaks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emwalker212)
Hi!

This year I'm continuing Sociology, Psychology and English Literature as A2 subjects.

The grades I received were A, B, C (in the same order as listed above).

I'm planning on retaking the Psychology exam next year as I am sure I can get an A in AS (certain things made me unable to revise to my full ability and that showed).

Could anyone tell me what they believe I'll be predicted for A2? I would ideally like AAB, is this possible? I believe I was 3 UMS from a B in English.

I worked hard in AS and my teachers (especially Psychology) know this, I'm also willing to show my teachers that I will get the AAB grades by possibly doing extra work?

I was thinking about talking to my English teacher and suggesting that I could give her a different essay every week or every two weeks so my essay skills continue to grow and she sees the improvement and how much work I'm willing to put in? I could do the same for Psychology, is this a good idea to suggest to these teachers?

Thank you for any help
It will be one grade higher than ur AS grades so it will be A*AB
jack.lp.thompson
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can easily achieve this but it will take a lot of hard work. It'll be worth it though.

Teachers normally predict students a grade above what they achieve in AS so you should be predicted A*AB which is better than you want!

The issue with retaking Psychology is that you are adding on more pressure to yourself adding more stress and worry. But it's up to you!

That would be a good idea. A2 is a very important year so more work and effort you put in, the better the result at the end.

Good luck!
Perplexing Pleb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't get an A* prediction if you don't think you will get the grade as a uni could make that grade part of your offer. Someone in my year fell into that trap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.73%
I don't have everything I need (259)
44.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed