Taking IELTS after submitting UCAS application? international student?

Watch
WLena
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everybody
I've taken the CAE exam and passed it with B,but for some universities it's not enough. I want to take the IELTS exam next year. Can I take the exam after submitting my UCAS application?
Also,should I apply to UCAS as individual? I've read that it's best to apply through my school,but they don't have a buzzword. What should I do?
Thanks
FionaMG
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by WLena)
Hi everybody
I've taken the CAE exam and passed it with B,but for some universities it's not enough. I want to take the IELTS exam next year. Can I take the exam after submitting my UCAS application?
Also,should I apply to UCAS as individual? I've read that it's best to apply through my school,but they don't have a buzzword. What should I do?
Thanks
You don't have to have taken IELTS before submitting your application. If a uni wants you to take it they will include it as a condition in any offer they make. However, if you definitely intend to do IELTS, you can register before submitting your application and this will let you fill in the IELTS test as a pending qualification. There is a space on the UCAS form for this, where you enter your test registration number.

If your school doesn't have a buzzword it means they're not a UCAS-registered centre and you must apply as an individual.
PlayerBB
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FionaMG)
You don't have to have taken IELTS before submitting your application. If a uni wants you to take it they will include it as a condition in any offer they make. However, if you definitely intend to do IELTS, you can register before submitting your application and this will let you fill in the IELTS test as a pending qualification. There is a space on the UCAS form for this, where you enter your test registration number.

If your school doesn't have a buzzword it means they're not a UCAS-registered centre and you must apply as an individual.
Hello! I have the same problem, so does it mean, I should for my school to make a buzzword or I should forget about them and apply independently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
FionaMG
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PlayerBB)
Hello! I have the same problem, so does it mean, I should for my school to make a buzzword or I should forget about them and apply independently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi.

You just apply independently. The UCAS website explains all the steps. Applying independently will not prejudice your application in any way.
PlayerBB
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FionaMG)
Hi.

You just apply independently. The UCAS website explains all the steps. Applying independently will not prejudice your application in any way.
Okay thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Parnia.h
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, help me please, I have to put my IELTS score in UCAS application, but I did not do my exam yet🤷*♀️ I heard that I can write pending (اند put my IELTS later) but I dont know where should I write it, in which section?

Thank you for your help
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
There’s is a separate section for IELTS. I think you can only enter a TRF number in there, nothing else.

If it’s pending, use the general qualifications section, pick other, type in IELTS, add a future date for the test.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads