The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

I'm confused about what course to choose help! :)

Basically, I have to apply for university this year. I considered biomedical but then I researched and found it leads to a lack of careers which are lol lab based which I'm not into. Another career I considered was dietetics but the disadvantages it has are the lack of dietitian jobs in the east mMidlands & the fact that the course only lead to become a dietitian.

I've explored radiography but apparently working with X rays are dangerous plus I saw videos on radiographers and it just doesn't appeal me.

I'm doing btec applied science level 3 extended diploma.
Anyone ?:smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Choose something you like. £9000 a year is not cheap and thats not including all of the loans and stuff for you to be doing a course for 3/4/5 years that you don't like, it would be a waste of time and totally immature.

Not to be rude or anything.
Original post by tiannajohnson
Choose something you like. £9000 a year is not cheap and thats not including all of the loans and stuff for you to be doing a course for 3/4/5 years that you don't like, it would be a waste of time and totally immature.

Not to be rude or anything.

Well I kno what u mean. I'm a mature person even at the age of 17 when it comes to education. I've been researching hard and only wanna do the course if the job prospects is good & whether they'll be a de mend of it.

I considered many but narrowed it down to dietetics. The course modules seems interesting, course is nhs funded and becoming a dietitian seems like a brill career, after shadowing one. However, there's a lack of jobs in my area for dietetics. We never kno what's in de mend after 4/5 years :smile:
Original post by Uz25
Well I kno what u mean. I'm a mature person even at the age of 17 when it comes to education. I've been researching hard and only wanna do the course if the job prospects is good & whether they'll be a de mend of it.

I considered many but narrowed it down to dietetics. The course modules seems interesting, course is nhs funded and becoming a dietitian seems like a brill career, after shadowing one. However, there's a lack of jobs in my area for dietetics. We never kno what's in de mend after 4/5 years :smile:

To be honest theres not really any jobs out there for any of us once we leave university so its better to do something you like and get a first than something you're stumbling through just because of job demand. Work hard in whichever field you most enjoy and you'll prosper.
To be honest theres not really any jobs out there for any of us once we leave university so its better to do something you like and get a first than something you're stumbling through just because of job demand. Work hard in whichever field you most enjoy and you'll prosper.

True :smile: what r u planning to do ?
Original post by Uz25
True :smile: what r u planning to do ?

I toyed with the same thing as you.

I did A Level Maths, Chemistry and English Literature. This was genuinely because I enjoyed all of these subjects I have a passion for each.

My main concern was taking a course that lead to a direct career path, I thought about pharmacy and English. I decided to go with English with Creative Writing because I've always loved writing and was thrilled to discover that there was a course for me.

I'm working on a novel now and think it would be great to learn more skills to make my writing more effective and more appealing.
I toyed with the same thing as you.

I did A Level Maths, Chemistry and English Literature. This was genuinely because I enjoyed all of these subjects I have a passion for each.

My main concern was taking a course that lead to a direct career path, I thought about pharmacy and English. I decided to go with English with Creative Writing because I've always loved writing and was thrilled to discover that there was a course for me.

I'm working on a novel now and think it would be great to learn more skills to make my writing more effective and more appealing.

Cool :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest