The Student Room Group

GOGSoc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Go to the socs tab and submit a join request.
Reply 81
... or if you're lazy (i.e. a GLOG rather than a GOG), just click here.
Reply 82
nikk
It is on exploiting defects in malignant cells to develop new treatments for cancer. I don't start until October so I don't know much about the other supervisors i'm afraid.

I'm just sorting out applying to Wolfson, since I am told that is where most of the postgrads in my department join. (I've been accepted by the department onto the course but have to now apply separately to the college. Although I'm told this is a bit of a formality since I have already been offered a place).

Are you applying/got a place in something similar?

Hi, no. I had an offer for Biochem, but unfortunatley missed my chem mark and was rejected. Took up my insurance offer and thinking of applying for post grad work in biological sci. Or perhaps Cambridge...Heard Nancy Lane speak - pretty inspirational.. I think your supervisor can really make or break your grad experience...
Reply 83
Hey PQ, The Boosh, anyone else.

Check out Shady's quality attempt to prove that employers care about degree institution on the 'campus based or not' thread. I actually can't believe that she is suggesting to people that her experiences are going to be typical of a UK graduate.
think i missed this one. keep forgetting the 'my societies' link too. doh!
Jack Burton or Chuck Norris?
Reply 86
The Boosh
Jack Burton or Chuck Norris?

That sort of thing only works once, you know...:wink:

Sorry for not being able to participate in the repping orgy, by the way, but I appear to have randomly given you rep too recently.

Edit: Hmm, quite a lot of alliteration in that sentence.:smile:
CN
For: Walker Texas Ranger, pro Karate champ, took on Bruce Lee, Delta force, AND HE IS REAL
Against: Republican and right wing bible nut.

JB
For: Truck driver, Whoops Lo pan
Against: played by Kurt " Gabriel cash" Russell

Im gonna have to say CN wins
Boosh, chemistboy.

I see you got warning ratings overnight. Which pompous undergrads where you telling facts (they didnt agree with) to now.
ChemistBoy
Hey PQ, The Boosh, anyone else.

Check out Shady's quality attempt to prove that employers care about degree institution on the 'campus based or not' thread. I actually can't believe that she is suggesting to people that her experiences are going to be typical of a UK graduate.

I'm a social scientist, and anecdotal evidence is actually quite acceptable.

Why the ***** did you feel the need to post this comment here? You do know I'm a postgrad, right? And that I'd be likely to come across it?
Reply 90
Fight Fight Fight!
Reply 91
Fazorme
Fight Fight Fight!

Nah, better leave that to Chuck Norris.:smile:
Reply 92
Oh no she didn't
flexiblefish
Boosh, chemistboy.

I see you got warning ratings overnight. Which pompous undergrads where you telling facts (they didnt agree with) to now.

the chuck norris session evidently drew the most heated crowd yet - i have so many reps and even a warning for quoting the almighty chuckster!

Chuck Norris appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."

i was playing SFII the other day. classic.
The Boosh
the chuck norris session evidently drew the most heated crowd yet - i have so many reps and even a warning for quoting the almighty chuckster!

Chuck Norris appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."

i was playing SFII the other day. classic.

Thats mental. Oh well. It was worth it, you are a modern day Thomas More. Stand up for what you believe brother.

SF2, I would be so happy if you could tell me that this is the original, not turbo edition or Champ edition. anyways respect for that.

man we's old.

It was amaing how they want from SF1 to 2. 1 was awful, had on the C64, then SF2 came out and was god like on the SNES. (Oh yes the SNES the things 1992 was made of you young whipper snappers).

I truly believe N64 was the finest fun-gaming machine ever, I have PS2 Wii and XBOX 360, the games look and sound lovely, but the fun just aint there any more.

My first was an ATARI 2600 jr. Simple but helluva fun
i had 2 c64s (old and revamped) followed by a snes and gameboy. im afraid im an arcade or turbo man. my girlfriend bought me the megadrive champion edition rerelease thing which i plug directly into the tv and have been battling away. i agree the c64 version was pretty disgusting, but then the turbo came free with the snes as part of the standard bundle (like mario did on the nes). im afraid i am the king of sf2 - no contest. i havent played it in years and years until the other week and completed it on the hardest setting!!! ryu does have an advantage over most though. the n64 was good, but i still harper back to the snes - the graphics are far more cheeky. did you have the wild card? i had one from japan and recorded all the carts onto floppy discs.

tsr disclaimer: i was 11 years old.
Reply 96
flexiblefish
Thats mental. Oh well. It was worth it, you are a modern day Thomas More. Stand up for what you believe brother.

You don't actually want him to be beheaded for picking fights with a bunch of eighteen-year-olds, though, do you?:confused:
hobnob will look after me and my head so i have nothing to worry about. besides, im not THAT old.

hobnob, are you smothered in chocolate?
Reply 98
The Boosh
hobnob, are you smothered in chocolate?

Whatever gave you that idea?:confused:
you do know what a hobnob is, don't you?

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Latest

Trending

Trending