Thermodynamics in Chemical engineering

Watch
Super199
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I am thinking of applying for chem eng and was thinking about writing about thermodynamics as a topic of interest.

Can someone possibly suggest a few places to search and what to read up on/mention in my personal statement.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Super199)
Hi I am thinking of applying for chem eng and was thinking about writing about thermodynamics as a topic of interest.

Can someone possibly suggest a few places to search and what to read up on/mention in my personal statement.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Surely if it's your topic of "interest" you should have a pretty good idea of what to talk about!

You could start with the fact that the concept of entropy is the driving force behind all change ...

... that's pretty important!
Technetium
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Super199)

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Thermodynamics was one of my areas of interest when I applied for my degree, I read a book called: Thermodynamics: A Very Short Introduction as well as Why Chemical Reactions Happen. These helped to introduce me to the fundamental concepts and key-terms.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads