The Student Room Group

Trying to Tone up my Stomach

hi

ive been trying for weeks to tone up my stomach but its just not working :frown: im going on holiday in october and i really want a toned stomach. anyone know some really good exercises? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Lennie14!
hi

ive been trying for weeks to tone up my stomach but its just not working :frown: im going on holiday in october and i really want a toned stomach. anyone know some really good exercises? :smile:

diet diet diet.
Reply 2
have u tried situps? im a personal trainor xxx
Reply 3
Diet is pretty important, so make sure you're eating correctly. Plenty of protein, healthy fats and fruit/veg.

As for exercises, you're going to want something that directly targets your stomach. Try crunches, planks and leg raises which you can do at home and try some form of cardio such as cycling or running.

Flat stomachs don't happen quickly and take a lot of work of course, but if you're doing the right things then you'll see progress in no time. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by cheypeach
have u tried situps? im a personal trainor xxx

Yeah I do 30 sit ups, 30 crunches and 30 v sits a night. But thanks for replying xxx
hi

You can't spot reduce fat. Fact.

Lose overall body fat following a calorie controlled diet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by happies
Diet is pretty important, so make sure you're eating correctly. Plenty of protein, healthy fats and fruit/veg.

As for exercises, you're going to want something that directly targets your stomach. Try crunches, planks and leg raises which you can do at home and try some form of cardio such as cycling or running.

Flat stomachs don't happen quickly and take a lot of work of course, but if you're doing the right things then you'll see progress in no time. :smile:

Thanks I'll try all of that, and I've started doing cycling too because I'm training for a 50 mile bike ride in May :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Motorbiker

Okay thanks thanks for the advice . Do you know any good calorie controlled diets?:smile:

Okay thanks thanks for the advice . Do you know any good calorie controlled diets?:smile:

Count the calories what you eat using an app like my fitness pal.

Reduce it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Reduce it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks
get a electro-system i had the vibration plate and all the pulse and set ups cost
Original post by jamesthehustler
get a electro-system i had the vibration plate and all the pulse and set ups cost

That does not work and is bad advice for the OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reduce it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Listen to this

Absolutely no
That does not work and is bad advice for the OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Angry cucumber
Listen to this

Absolutely no

it worked for me so i advise from my personal experiences
it worked for me so i advise from my personal experiences

Placebo effect / other things you were doing at the time.
Swimming is an excellent way to tone up

Posted from TSR Mobile
don`t use myfitnesspal - i used this app for about 2 weeks and put ON weight! - seriously! - it said my intake of calories was "dangerously low" and that i needed more - with the result that i ate like a freakin` pig! (i only ate what it told me to!)

Listen to your own common sense.

In any form of exercise, you will lose fat from everywhere (not muscle or "weight") if you do it correctly. If you use strength training along with something like running and planks, leg raises and heel touches, and EAT correctly, the results will come.

I`ve been exercising for 3 months, and can`t yet see my abs - i have 13.5 % body fat down from an unfit 26% - still can`t see my 6 pack or Adonis belt yet, but i`m damned if i`m gonna stop working on it - neither should you!
You're incompetent if you put on weight with a calorie counter

You're not 13% if you can't see the outline of abs

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not 13% if you can't see the outline of abs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok then - you know best - i`m not.....

(as for the counter, i was a newbie and naive - after which i didn`t bother with anything like that, lifted weights, ran like crap, and cut my intake)

And don`t ever f******g call me incompetent!
(edited 8 years ago)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I hear this a lot, especially on Yik Yak, where people say they are on a 1000 calorie diet for three months and are only able to lose 1st or even put on some weight.

I believe people are either counting wrong, underestimating their calories or just lying. It is actually very hard to gain weight or not lose the desired weight if you are following your calorie counter to its full extent.

Quick Reply