The Student Room Group

How to strengthen UCAS Application?

What sort of things can I involve myself in to make my personal statement much more convincing? I'm interested in Law but can't find many opportunities to show this. Any ideas? Summer school is something I will do.
Reply 1
Original post by Aidan1122
What sort of things can I involve myself in to make my personal statement much more convincing? I'm interested in Law but can't find many opportunities to show this. Any ideas? Summer school is something I will do.

Read some of these books:

Letters to a Law Student
The Law Machine
Glanville Williams Learning the Law

If you've got a court near you, see if you can observe some cases. Legal work experience is also useful if you can get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by pp93
Read some of these books:

Letters to a Law Student
The Law Machine
Glanville Williams Learning the Law

If you've got a court near you, see if you can observe some cases. Legal work experience is also useful if you can get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for taking your time to help me! My teacher had just told me to observe cases in a court nearby as well, therefore I will definitely do that. I had a look at these books and they look great, so you're suggesting I read these and then can make reference in my statement, showing my passion for Law?

Will this be enough combined with a good personal statement and good grades for a University such as Glasgow?
Reply 3
Original post by Aidan1122
Thank you so much for taking your time to help me! My teacher had just told me to observe cases in a court nearby as well, therefore I will definitely do that. I had a look at these books and they look great, so you're suggesting I read these and then can make reference in my statement, showing my passion for Law?

Will this be enough combined with a good personal statement and good grades for a University such as Glasgow?

Yeah it will be an advantage as long as you can pinpoint from those books what it is specifically about studying law that interests you.

I should think so, many of my friends applied to good unis and got in with the same kinds of things. Extra curricular activities are also good to show that you'll get involved in uni life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by pp93
Yeah it will be an advantage as long as you can pinpoint from those books what it is specifically about studying law that interests you.

I should think so, many of my friends applied to good unis and got in with the same kinds of things. Extra curricular activities are also good to show that you'll get involved in uni life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excellent, thank you for responding and providing advice. I will definitely read those books you mentioned and observe cases when possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending