The Student Room Group

How shall I get my exercise in?

Hey guys, so recently I ahve gained a bit of weight and I need to lose it like ASAP because it just feels gross and ive lost my confidence. Anyway, im planning to get back into shape through running as I have found that it is the most efficient way for me to lose fat. However, I am a sixth form student who cannot afford a gym membership and I dont know about running outside because its just so cold and wet nowadays and it will only get worse in months to come. Its gonna start getting dark really earl too :frown: I really need to lose weight what shall I do and how shall i get around this problem? I want to do a good hour of cardio a day but i dont see it happening ://// please someone suggest something. Thank you :smile:
Might not be what you want to hear, but if you're serious about it, then just get outside and run. If it's cold, you'll soon warm up from the exercise. And if it's wet, it's wet, what's the worse thing that could happen?
Reply 2
you could try getting some home workout dvds! theyre not that expensive and make you lose weight efficiently :smile:
Original post by yelllowribbon
Might not be what you want to hear, but if you're serious about it, then just get outside and run. If it's cold, you'll soon warm up from the exercise. And if it's wet, it's wet, what's the worse thing that could happen?

I guess youre right, sitting here making excuses is not going to get me anywhere. I will just go for it :biggrin: thanks for your response.
Original post by leilaa05
you could try getting some home workout dvds! theyre not that expensive and make you lose weight efficiently :smile:

Oh yes thats a good idea - are there any in particular you would recommend?
Original post by Sarah12344466
I guess youre right, sitting here making excuses is not going to get me anywhere. I will just go for it :biggrin: thanks for your response.

Believe me, I never wanted to run or cycle outside when it was wet. But once you're out there, it's fine. Just accept that you'll get wet, and enjoy it. Seriously, running in the pouring rain is kinda fun...although you do get a few weird looks :tongue:

An even cheaper option is youtube workout videos. I recommend Popsugar and Bloglites (I think that's her name) Hope this helps!
Reply 7

The 30 day shred by jillians michaels is quite good, very intensive as youre supposed to lose up to 20 lbs in 30 days but other than that its great! Also, its available on youtube
There's a very good app in the app store called 'Seven' it's a seven minute workout and you can easily do it at home.

Also, in relation to cardio and running outside, i'll normally take a hoodie to go running when it's cold and it ends up on the floor because you warm up really easily. There's no better alternative than getting up and going out! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest