The Student Room Group

"Poor, hungry" refugees........

Scroll to see replies

Gosh, that lone youtube video sure has me convinced that those refugees have it even better than I do!
Reply 2
Original post by alexschmalex
Gosh, that lone youtube video sure has me convinced that those refugees have it even better than I do!

Nobody is saying they 'have it better than you', it's about their attitude. That's not how true refugees from a war torn country usually act, they should at least have enough decency to pretend they're grateful for the safety/water/food provided.
mark my words, this is all a farce, 1 year down the line and i promise you you will be regretting feeling sorry for these immigrants
Reply 4
Original post by Want2MakeFriends
mark my words, this is all a farce, 1 year down the line and i promise you you will be regretting feeling sorry for these immigrants

That's what I think as well - I think that some of them, women and children especially, truly just want a peaceful life, but I don't think Europe can handle them all. I think that, especially young male refugees, may cause trouble in a nearby future. And anyway, what in a year or two, they'll obviously have kids, there will be more of them, how are you going to force them to go back then? That's not how you solve a problem...
Reply 5
99% of refugees are NOT like this.
Reply 6
Original post by DAH F !
99% of refugees are NOT like this.

Then why are they all obsessed with Germany? They were offered food and shelter in other countries too. But nope, they chose to travel further thousand miles to go to Germany. I 'wonder' why.
Reply 7
Original post by Ciel.
Then why are they all obsessed with Germany? They were offered food and shelter in other countries too. But nope, they chose to travel further thousand miles to go to Germany. I 'wonder' why.

Are you German?
Reply 8
Original post by DAH F !
Are you German?

No. Now you're probably going to say 'then why do you care' - well I do because Germany is still in European Union.
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
Nobody is saying they 'have it better than you', it's about their attitude. That's not how true refugees from a war torn country usually act, they should at least have enough decency to pretend they're grateful for the safety/water/food provided.

Now I'm curious. What experience do you have that has given you this gauge to determine how they usually act? Military service of some sort?
Original post by Ciel.

Yeah, that's what right-wing types always seem to want. Poor people have to be dressed in rags begging for help and kissing your arse when you give it to them. It's a transparent power trip.
Reply 11
Reply 12
Original post by Yawn11
Now I'm curious. What experience do you have that has given you this gauge to determine how they usually act? Military service of some sort?

Something called common sense, mostly - you're either happy and grateful that you get safety/shelter or you're grumpy and bitchy, for reasons unknown to me. But I also heard stories from people who dealt with refugees in the past.
Original post by DAH F !
Are you German?

Germany's problem becomes everyone else's problem. If Germany demands more refugees, that means a whole host of countries has to suffer thanks to the refugees travelling there, causing disruption, violence, demanding food, trains and all that crap.

And also, if Germany were to grant these refugees citizenship, that means they have the right to travel anywhere in the EU and live there freely. Most Europeans want Europe to be for Europeans yet Germany doesn't seem to get the message.
Reply 14
Original post by scrotgrot
Yeah, that's what right-wing types always seem to want. Poor people have to be dressed in rags begging for help and kissing your arse when you give it to them. It's a transparent power trip.

So it's better to throw food back at the hand that feeds you?
Lets not forget the only reason Germany wants to accept so many refugees is because they have a declining population and need a massive wave of immigration. Germany's problems become Europe's problems because these immigrants will trample on every country they walk on to get to germany
Reply 16
Original post by Ciel.
Something called common sense, mostly - you're either happy and grateful that you get safety/shelter or you're grumpy and bitchy, for reasons unknown to me. But I also heard stories from people who dealt with refugees in the past.

Man you must be an intelligent dude. You're able to establish how a specific class of people from different cultures and decimated societies typically behave based on not your own personal direct visual or audio senses / experiences but your common sense alone.

Impressive. Much respect
Original post by Ciel.
So it's better to throw food back at the hand that feeds you?

I guess not, but that wasn't the point I was making.

Note that the refugees didn't need the water. I know we have had thirty years of Water Aid etc campaigns on the telly but it doesn't mean everyone from south of the thirtieth parallel is permanently parched.

Still, I can't see why they would throw it away. Maybe they thought it was insulting or something? Maybe they wanted to get on the train and carry on to the promised land rather than sit about the station drinking water all day? Just conjecture, I can make no more head nor tail of the scene than you can.
Reply 18
Original post by Yawn11
Man you must be an intelligent dude. You're able to establish how a specific class of people from different cultures and decimated societies typically behave based on not your own personal direct visual or audio senses / experiences but your common sense alone.

Impressive. Much respect

Oh come on, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that someone who yells at you and throws water bottles/food at you, usually isn't very happy about the help received and is clearly after something else.
Reply 19
Original post by scrotgrot
I guess not, but that wasn't the point I was making.

Note that the refugees didn't need the water. I know we have had thirty years of Water Aid etc campaigns on the telly but it doesn't mean everyone from south of the thirtieth parallel is permanently parched.

Still, I can't see why they would throw it away. Maybe they thought it was insulting or something? Maybe they wanted to get on the train and carry on to the promised land rather than sit about the station drinking water all day? Just conjecture, I can make no more head nor tail of the scene than you can.

Ok, maybe they didn't need the water but that doesn't change the fact that most of them have one destination in mind - Germany, despite the fact that there are many other safe countries, near Syria.

Quick Reply

Latest