Genius98
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I am studying the kite runner and Othello for my coursework. As part of our coursework, we have to study a 3rd text ourselves. Does anyone have any idea of a good 3rd text I could use for my coursework that shares similar themes with the kite runner and Othello.
Thanks
stressedperson02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Genius98)
Hi,

I am studying the kite runner and Othello for my coursework. As part of our coursework, we have to study a 3rd text ourselves. Does anyone have any idea of a good 3rd text I could use for my coursework that shares similar themes with the kite runner and Othello.
Thanks
hi this won't be of any help (sorry!) but my teacher suggested I pick up english lit AS and I was wondering what the coursework entails, is it just comparing texts?
Genius98
Rep:
?
(Original post by stressedperson02)
hi this won't be of any help (sorry!) but my teacher suggested I pick up english lit AS and I was wondering what the coursework entails, is it just comparing texts?
For AS, first of all it depends which exam board your going to follow. I'm doing AQA, and yeah basically we had to make up our own coursework question that follows the theme (ours was struggle of identity) and we had to compare our prose text with the drama text. The coursework takes up a lot of time and effort but in the end its worth it. And in general, english lit is a great A level, especially if you enjoy it in GCSE and there is a big jump when you analyse texts between GCSE and AS
stressedperson02
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For AS, first of all it depends which exam board your going to follow. I'm doing AQA, and yeah basically we had to make up our own coursework question that follows the theme (ours was struggle of identity) and we had to compare our prose text with the drama text. The coursework takes up a lot of time and effort but in the end its worth it. And in general, english lit is a great A level, especially if you enjoy it in GCSE and there is a big jump when you analyse texts between GCSE and AS
I'm not too sure which exam board it's with yet I think it might be ocr? But thanks I'm sure they won't be too different so this is helpful how did you do in the AS course if you mind me asking?
Genius98
Rep:
?
(Original post by stressedperson02)
I'm not too sure which exam board it's with yet I think it might be ocr? But thanks I'm sure they won't be too different so this is helpful how did you do in the AS course if you mind me asking?
I got a B
stressedperson02
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got a B
ahh that's good well done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
15.22%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (70)
30.43%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (28)
12.17%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (19)
8.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.65%
I think it's an unfair expectation (62)
26.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.3%

Watched Threads