Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a good education due to a rough time growing up. My dad was kind enough to move me to a private college where I got:

A* Film Studies
    A* Biology IGCSE
    A English Language
    A Media Studies
    B English Lit
    B Maths

I really screwed up my A Levels by changing and and not having the right frame of mind this year. I took Media, Film and Photography. I got:
    A Film
    C Photography

I'm fortunate enough to go back to the private college this year but the problem is I am in A2 and the only two clear paths for my future I see for myself is computer science or culinary. I want to get A levels to enable me to make the decision in the future and not cancel off any potential paths to either. The major problem is I desperately want to go on a planned gap year after A2 and its difficult to do it another year as its for the specific age of 18/19.

Here's the question...
    To study computer science in a decent uni I need an A in maths a level or computer science. I'm thinking about doing one year intensive maths and biology and then sticking with film A2.

Do you think it's impossible to do maths intensive when I'm not so good at maths? Is there any other advice you can give me!??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 5, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.