What is the difference between biomedical science and biomedical sciences? Watch

chemstudent314
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I was on the university of bath website and under their personal statement section they said explain why you want to apply to biomedical science and not biomedical sciences, this whole time I thought it was the same degree, does anyone know the difference? I would really appreciate an opinion on this, thank you
Rhetorical Hips
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chemstudent314)
So I was on the university of bath website and under their personal statement section they said explain why you want to apply to biomedical science and not biomedical sciences, this whole time I thought it was the same degree, does anyone know the difference? I would really appreciate an opinion on this, thank you
Sounds like a typo to me. Maybe they meant to type why biomedical science and not biological sciences/medicine? As far as I'm aware the only difference between biomedical science and biomedical sciences is the letter s.
chemstudent314
Rep:
?
That's exactly what I thought, haha I agree but I went on UCAS and realized that different uni's call it different names so it's quite confusing whether the course is actually different, it looks exactly the same to me :/ but thank you
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They may be talking about accreditation of the degree. An accredited biomedicine degree allows you to work as a biomedical scientist in the nhs (etc) upon graduation and they probably want people applying who actually want this degree. Rather than a more standard biomedical sciences degree which many pick with the intention of doing medicine afterwards.

That's the only difference I can think of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
chemstudent314
Rep:
?
(Original post by ForestCat)
They may be talking about accreditation of the degree. An accredited biomedicine degree allows you to work as a biomedical scientist in the nhs (etc) upon graduation and they probably want people applying who actually want this degree. Rather than a more standard biomedical sciences degree which many pick with the intention of doing medicine afterwards.

That's the only difference I can think of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh right thank you that makes sense I guess, so is biomedicine, biomedical sciences and biomedical science all the same degree? How can you tell if a degree is accredited? To be fair I might want to do medicine after also, but I'm not sure thanks
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chemstudent314)
Oh right thank you that makes sense I guess, so is biomedicine, biomedical sciences and biomedical science all the same degree? How can you tell if a degree is accredited? To be fair I might want to do medicine after also, but I'm not sure thanks
They should specify on their prospectus if its accredited. TBH I am not sure, there may be a lot of similarities in modules taken, but it will all vary uni to uni anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.62%
No (194)
76.38%

Watched Threads