The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katie2006
Hi Lissbean, did you actually get placed somewhere? I was accepted onto the programme but have now been told all the places have been allocated and unless someone drops out I will have to wait until next year. The whole process seems like they've been avoiding giving out information, have you found this, or is it just me?

Hi Katie, yes that's what ended up happening to me as well. Yeah I found it a bit confusing when they initially gave me the offer as I don't think they mentioned the reserve list and made it sound like there were more places to be allocated this year and I guess that I had more of a "chance".

It was only after calling/emailing them after that I found I was on the reserve list. Super luckily I've recently found out that someone dropped out in my area and I have managed to scrape on to this year - hopefully the same happens for you! I guess just keep on contacting them? Not super helpful advice and not sure if it helps but at least they would know you're still interested and still there. So much good luck!
Reply 101
I'm wanting to apply for this so would love any updates/experiences from the successful candidates please?
Hello!

I'd also be interested to hear (if anyone is willing to share) their experiences - those who have completed the first year or the summer exhibit perhaps? This sounds like a brilliant opportunity - and form what I've seen the application process seems slightly gentler than other graduate schemes.

Thanks! El
Hi!
First cohort participant here - we've just recently completed the Summer Institute and are going on placement. I'm enjoying it so far and will try and do a proper update when I have a mo but are there any particular questions you want answered?
Lissbean, I am looking to apply for next year's cohort and wondered about participants education background? I have previous experience of working in mental health and currently work in social services for one of the London boroughs; however, while educated to degree level, my degree isn't from a traditional redbrick/Russell university. I wondered, could this count against me?
Original post by Socrates_1234
Lissbean, I am looking to apply for next year's cohort and wondered about participants education background? I have previous experience of working in mental health and currently work in social services for one of the London boroughs; however, while educated to degree level, my degree isn't from a traditional redbrick/Russell university. I wondered, could this count against me?

Hi Socrates! Definitely not - there is a mix of people from different degree and university backgrounds on the course and I don't think being from a redbrick/Russell group uni would count either way. What matters is your motivation for wanting to be on the course and ability to fulfill the competencies tested throughout the assessment centre process.

It sounds like you've got some really good experience which you could draw on so definitely go for it!
Hi Everyone!

I have literally just sent off my application form, fingers crossed I will hear back from the soon. Has anyone else applied for the 2017 programme?
Original post by CourtneyN18
Hi Everyone!

I have literally just sent off my application form, fingers crossed I will hear back from the soon. Has anyone else applied for the 2017 programme?

Hi CourneyN18, I'm in the middle of mine, feel like this thread is quite old now! Maybe starting up a new one would be good. I'll get on it now!
Hi I know this posts are from 2015 and I am applying for it at the moment to start in 2017. So I would love to hear how your guys. Did anyone got a place? Any tips for the application. Please any help will be truly appreciated.
I want this so much since I heard about it last year but could no apply yet :frown:
Thank you so much in advance :smile:)
Reply 110
Hi CHarlotte, don't seem to be able to get to the new thread!
Can't open the tread :frown:(

QUOTE=charlotte267;67733286]http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4334902

link for the new thread!
That other thread doesn't seem to be working! Has anyone heard back from Think Ahead about their applications? Mine was sent off 2 weeks today and haven't heard anything back yet.
Reply 113
On Wednesday it will have been three weeks since I submitted my application. I have not heard anything back yet!
I sent my application off last week.. it states 3 week waiting time.. but the first deadline is 20th October, so hopefully hear before then! How have you found the process so far? Have you applied for any other programmes?
Reply 115
Hi, I'm a participant from the first cohort. All I can say is have patience with the process and if you get through to the following rounds, enjoy them and be yourself. Good luck 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
I have just received an email 'reminder' to complete the situational judgment test. However this is the first time that i have been asked to do the test...
Reply 117
Never mind... i got the email saying my online application was succesful and to do the SJT an hour after they reminded me to do it lol
Original post by al_h
Never mind... i got the email saying my online application was succesful and to do the SJT an hour after they reminded me to do it lol

Oh congratulations! I still haven't heard anything back, it will be 3 weeks on Friday so fingers crossed...
Reply 119
Original post by CourtneyN18
Oh congratulations! I still haven't heard anything back, it will be 3 weeks on Friday so fingers crossed...

Thank you! I would say you could expect to hear back soon as well then :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending