Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have tried to find a post/ topic / whatever it's called but none of them answer my question. My question is as a homeschool A level student studying the full a level in 1 year; what is the best way to do advance through the course? Should I study it in order of C1, C2, C3... Or does an A level topic carry on from the As level topic. So instead would it be better if I studied C1, C3, C2, C4? Any advice would be appreciated.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by mynameisdaniel)
    I have tried to find a post/ topic / whatever it's called but none of them answer my question. My question is as a homeschool A level student studying the full a level in 1 year; what is the best way to do advance through the course? Should I study it in order of C1, C2, C3... Or does an A level topic carry on from the As level topic. So instead would it be better if I studied C1, C3, C2, C4? Any advice would be appreciated.
    I'd recommend C1, C2, applied module, C3, C4, applied module. That's how you'd do it in a class, and you can set yourself the target of finishing the first 3 by December/ doing a few mocks in January, then continuing on until April and then do revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I'd recommend C1, C2, applied module, C3, C4, applied module. That's how you'd do it in a class, and you can set yourself the target of finishing the first 3 by December/ doing a few mocks in January, then continuing on until April and then do revision.
    Great stuff, thanks. Does the C3 and C4 take longer to learn/ more content?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by mynameisdaniel)
    Great stuff, thanks. Does the C3 and C4 take longer to learn/ more content?
    From memory I think C2 has the most content.

C4 is quite tricky so that may take more time to learn / grasp content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    From memory I think C2 has the most content.

C4 is quite tricky so that may take more time to learn / grasp content.
    Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    I did As and A2 in 1 year (9 months)
    C1 and c2 can be done in 2 month (sept and october) .... its easy to get an A
    Spend a month on each unit or less if u can... c1 is quite easy...
    I would recommend that you finish C1 C2 and S1 (or your other unit) by 1st january.
    Start c3 on january 1st. The school holiday at this time will really help you learn c3 quickly.
    C3 c4 and S2 take a month each generally to learn.
    Spending a month on each unit will leave you around 2 months to revise and go through as many practice papers.
    Is this the only a level your doing.
    Remember people normally do 4AS levels in 1 year
    So As and A2 maths is very achievable in 1 year providing u put in the work. Start today. I would recommend using maths videos and tutorials online to learn the content.

I achieved an A and you can too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aventi)
    I did As and A2 in 1 year (9 months)
    C1 and c2 can be done in 2 month (sept and october) .... its easy to get an A
    Spend a month on each unit or less if u can... c1 is quite easy...
    I would recommend that you finish C1 C2 and S1 (or your other unit) by 1st january.
    Start c3 on january 1st. The school holiday at this time will really help you learn c3 quickly.
    C3 c4 and S2 take a month each generally to learn.
    Spending a month on each unit will leave you around 2 months to revise and go through as many practice papers.
    Is this the only a level your doing.
    Remember people normally do 4AS levels in 1 year
    So As and A2 maths is very achievable in 1 year providing u put in the work. Start today. I would recommend using maths videos and tutorials online to learn the content.

I achieved an A and you can too!!
    Thanks for the reply, how many hours a night did you put in to get it done in a year? I'm putting in a couple and seem to be progressing through C1 fairly quickly. It seems more like high level GCSE in my opinion. But I am an advanced apprentice at an engineering company so I think 4 AS levels would be a bit too much as I'm already studying towards a qualification that is the equivalent of 3 A levels. Did you study any other A levels in the same time period of one year?
    Thanks

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.