1234567890g
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi I'm in year 9 and have been chosen to do the Extended Project Qualification.
I am really stuck on what to do as my chosen question. I have to write 2000 words about my subject and I would like to do it on either sport or psychology please can you think of some ideas for my EPQ.

Thankyou
ETbuymilkandeggs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Gosh, they're making year-9s so EPQs?

The point of the qualification is to choose something that you would be willing to research independently and do a report on. What type of sports do you enjoy and actively follow? If you like football, investigate racism, or any other problem/controversial subject within the sport. The recent FIFA scandal, for example -- you could write a report on how the scale and popularity of football, and concurrently the largest organization within the sport has lead to some executives becoming complacent, assuming they can exploit the popularity of the sport for their own, fraudulent gain.

As for psychology.. well, it's a huge bloody subject!

Look at the Wikipedia page for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology

What you could do is click on the links in the left-hand side of the page. Experiment with sub-disciplinary components of psychology. See which ones you like. Make a short-list of the ones which most intrigue you, taking into account the viability of using it for an EPQ.

For example, by following a few links on the Wikipedia page, I ended up here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

I've heard of that phrase before but I never knew what it meant, until now. From this, I could write an EPQ cognitive dissonance itself. Or, I could apply it to a context and try to ask a question and propose a solution answer. That's the beauty of it -- it's all up to you!

An example title: "What is Cognitive Dissonance?"

Or, you could use this idea in a specific context, like religion.

Example title: "Why birth-given religion is the quintessential form of cognitive dissonance"

Those are pretty terrible examples, but I'm not the one doing an EPQ. Good luck, and remember -- the World's huge, and there's a lot to talk about.
1234567890g
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi thanks for the help. Becasue I play cricket, I was thinking I could do something on that instead but I wasn't too sure.
Maybe to do with the aerodynamics?
:banana2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads