Turn on thread page Beta

Want to play 5 A Side Football but too heavy and unfit? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm going back to University very soon would love to join some of my course mates in playing 5 A Side Football. However, my fear is that I'm far too heavy and unfit and I would embarrass myself in front of everyone.

I did weigh almost 26 stone in 2013 but I've now got this down to 19 Stone. I'm continuing to steadily and healthily lose weight but I feel really left out that I don't join up for the 5 A Side Football.

Is 19 stone too heavy/unfit to keep up with the pace of 5 A Side Football?

Would absolutely love to play but like I said I fear I would not be able to keep up and I would end up embarrassing myself and annoying my team mates.

Would like some opinions and advice on this.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    i used to be about 18 stone and could still keep up during an organised kick about for an hour or so
    granted i was 17 at the time, you say you're going back to uni so im presuming you are somewhat older which might make a difference
    plus you said that you are losing weight which i presume means you haven't been a couch potato for the past however long so your fitness level won't be totally ****e
    as for embarrassing yourself that's all down to you and how much you let it bother you
    if your team mates are decent mature people they won't kick up a fuss about it

ReputationRep:
    if it bothers you that much, how about doing some cardio now to improve your fitness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonn123)
    Hi,

I'm going back to University very soon would love to join some of my course mates in playing 5 A Side Football. However, my fear is that I'm far too heavy and unfit and I would embarrass myself in front of everyone.

I did weigh almost 26 stone in 2013 but I've now got this down to 19 Stone. I'm continuing to steadily and healthily lose weight but I feel really left out that I don't join up for the 5 A Side Football.

Is 19 stone too heavy/unfit to keep up with the pace of 5 A Side Football?

Would absolutely love to play but like I said I fear I would not be able to keep up and I would end up embarrassing myself and annoying my team mates.

Would like some opinions and advice on this.

Thanks.
    Hi,

I think you can still play as a goalkeeper, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    Play any way. You probably won't be able to keep up at first but who cares. You're just playing with friends and having fun. It's a good way to get some cardio done.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.