Turn on thread page Beta

Want to play 5 A Side Football but too heavy and unfit? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm going back to University very soon would love to join some of my course mates in playing 5 A Side Football. However, my fear is that I'm far too heavy and unfit and I would embarrass myself in front of everyone.

I did weigh almost 26 stone in 2013 but I've now got this down to 19 Stone. I'm continuing to steadily and healthily lose weight but I feel really left out that I don't join up for the 5 A Side Football.

Is 19 stone too heavy/unfit to keep up with the pace of 5 A Side Football?

Would absolutely love to play but like I said I fear I would not be able to keep up and I would end up embarrassing myself and annoying my team mates.

Would like some opinions and advice on this.

Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I know it's easy to say but just go for it and find out. It's very unlikely you would annoy people and hopefully you'd be able to keep up- is there a relaxed team or group you can join to find out before you get into it properly? It's really good that you want to do something like this and try not to let anxiety stop you if possible. I don't know what you do already but you could always start building up your fitness between now and then a little bit? Really well done for losing so much weight too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.