Turn on thread page Beta

Drop what I love? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, just for some brief background:
    I've just finished my first year of sixth form, obtaining 3As and a B at AS. I hope to do straight english lit at Exeter Uni, which traditionally offers A*AA at A2.
    My B was in drama, the subject I enjoy the most and feel passionate about. My final exam mark for this was a lot lower than expected, so it is planned to be remarked.

My question is, should I drop drama or not? Dropping any of my other subjects is a no-go, so I wondered if it would be better to dedicate some time to a subject I love, or drop it and focus more heavily on my more academic subjects.

Sorry for the length, thanks in advance for any advice

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same sort of position, my lowest grade was the one I enjoy the most however it doesn't have anything to do with my uni plans.
    I was advised to drop it over the other subjects but I have decided to continue with all 4, at least for the time being. This way I can see how I cope with the work load and can drop it if it gets too much.

If you can see that taking all 4 subjects is harming your other grades you can always focus on the 3 more useful ones over the other one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Throwawayhalp)
    Hi all, just for some brief background:
    I've just finished my first year of sixth form, obtaining 3As and a B at AS. I hope to do straight english lit at Exeter Uni, which traditionally offers A*AA at A2.
    My B was in drama, the subject I enjoy the most and feel passionate about. My final exam mark for this was a lot lower than expected, so it is planned to be remarked.

My question is, should I drop drama or not? Dropping any of my other subjects is a no-go, so I wondered if it would be better to dedicate some time to a subject I love, or drop it and focus more heavily on my more academic subjects.

Sorry for the length, thanks in advance for any advice
    If you like it so much, I'd say just keep on keeping on. Just because you got a B doesn't mean you should drop the subject!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses

ReputationRep:
    Keep it if you enjoy it the most. I think people do better at A2.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.