Take a black pen for p3 Watch

This discussion is closed.
crana
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
our maths teacher told us we are meant to use a black pen in maths (edexcel) exams this year because of scanning them onto the computer.

this might not really be necessary but stick a black pen in your pencil case just in case!

last year our school forgot to tell us we needed a black biro to do the computer-marked General Studies exam. About 60 people (half the year) didn't have one and the exam got delayed while they had to go round the school and scrounge pens...

so take one in case

rosie
kimoni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana)
our maths teacher told us we are meant to use a black pen in maths (edexcel) exams this year because of scanning them onto the computer.

this might not really be necessary but stick a black pen in your pencil case just in case!

last year our school forgot to tell us we needed a black biro to do the computer-marked General Studies exam. About 60 people (half the year) didn't have one and the exam got delayed while they had to go round the school and scrounge pens...

so take one in case

rosie
Shouldnt matter too much should it? I think as long as it isnt pencil.
Anyway, i don't know why, but I always seem to make less silly mistakes if I use black instead of blue... strange eh.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kimoni)
Shouldnt matter too much should it? I think as long as it isnt pencil.
Anyway, i don't know why, but I always seem to make less silly mistakes if I use black instead of blue... strange eh.
I went to this conference at Nottingham uni, and they were saying on average people who write in black score 2% higher than those who write in blue. Psychologically, it's meant to make you more confident and prcise in your answers! Might be a load of rubbish though
Squishy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
I went to this conference at Nottingham uni, and they were saying on average people who write in black score 2% higher than those who write in blue. Psychologically, it's meant to make you more confident and prcise in your answers! Might be a load of rubbish though
Hahahaha, what *******s. I bet 2% of my marks it makes no difference at all.
mikesgt2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
Do you think that 2% is statistically significant?
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mikesgt2)
hehe whats the critical region i wonder

on another note, im scared! i went round to a mates house to revise BUT I FORGOT MY CALCULATOR THERE ihope he brings it tomorrow!
kimoni
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mikesgt2)
no talk of stats till after P3!!

(I hate hypothesis tests!)
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nothing like a black pen to achieve exam success with. And yet I can never get one (apart from a bog-standard biro, bleh) that doesn't leave ink across the side of my hand and smear on the paper.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I write in nearly bright blue and I don't give a toss.
bodomx
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Can I use a pen to sketch diagramns in Maths/Physics/Chemistry exams(edexcel examx)?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bodomx)
Can I use a pen to sketch diagramns in Maths/Physics/Chemistry exams(edexcel examx)?
I would always draw diagrams in pencil as it looks neater and you can rub it out if you make a mistake. In maths it's so easy to put your vector in the wrong place or have the tension going the wrong way. But yeah, use pen if you prefer.
bodomx
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok. will they deduce marks for using a pen in sketching diagramns. Do i have to label using a pen, too?
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bodomx)
Ok. will they deduce marks for using a pen in sketching diagramns. Do i have to label using a pen, too?
Nah, they won't take marks off for using a pen to sketch. You might lose a method mark or something if the diagram is wrong though. It's ok to use a pen to label too, I'd think. It's just easier to use pencil though.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads