Turn on thread page Beta

Am I falling into depression again? watch

I got out of treatment four months ago for depression.

But now I get this intense feeling of needing to cry. I find it physically hard to cry though!!

I'm terrified. It started off as endless nights crying, I couldn't stop.

I find it hard to cry. But when I do I feel empty. I have no reason to be depressed. I have a good home life, food, clothes and going into my last of college.

I miss my old coping methods. It kept me sane. I feel like I'm loosing myself pretndting to be happy. Going back to therapy isn't an option. I'll get kicked out (my parents' answer for everything since getting out therapy. yay.) I'm a loss.

Advice anyone?

ReputationRep:
    whats SH? what treatment did you get?

ReputationRep:
    I was depressed
    And didn't get
    Treatment idk why I was scared
    Of it I guess. I didn't want my family to find out too . I've learnt to keep strong but nowadays especially with the stress of retaking a whole year of A2 and having a hectic social life and family it's coming back . I don't leave my bed till 2pm and I stay up till early hours thinking about life . All I can advice you. Is too maybe have some relaxation periods to yourself like have a hot bath or drink warm tea. Or even watch a funny movie. Enjoy the little things in life

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    self harm
    cognitive behavioural thearpy

(Original post by cierratime)
    I was depressed
    And didn't get
    Treatment idk why I was scared
    Of it I guess. I didn't want my family to find out too . I've learnt to keep strong but nowadays especially with the stress of retaking a whole year of A2 and having a hectic social life and family it's coming back . I don't leave my bed till 2pm and I stay up till early hours thinking about life . All I can advice you. Is too maybe have some relaxation periods to yourself like have a hot bath or drink warm tea. Or even watch a funny movie. Enjoy the little things in life
    thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Been in your shoes, what helped me was a couple months on pills after 2 years of therapy, i learnt during those months how to cope in other ways instead of self destructing.
    The depression probably never went, CBT works for many, especially those who have depression due to trauma, maybe you need some anti-depressants for a short while to re-balance the chemicals in your brain.
    Not everyone produces enough dopamine (i.e me) in their brains, you might just need a boost.
    Beware though, i had to test different antidepressants because some are crappy
    Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    SH is self harm. Any kind of ways you are deliberately harming your body as a way of coping is considered self harm.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    self harm
    cognitive behavioural thearpy
    I have also struggled with SH and depression in addition to severe anxiety and suicide attempts. I got 3 Us in my first year of AS and things were horrific for me.
    I started learning how to push certain thoughts out of my mind and how to focus on positive emotions etc.
    My head is in a much better place now. I resat and got 3 As.
    I've also recently started anti-depressants (which also helps with anxiety). Go to your GP and tell them you've been self harming and feeling depressed ( emphesise how much its affecting you and be serious about it) and ask for anti depressants. They should prescribe them. They may help!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused, Do you mean your parents will kick you out if you become depressed again?

But trying to offer advice as I been having issues lately:

-I'd say if your coping mechanisms aren't working obviously you need further help.
    -tell a friend(s) you aren't happy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.