Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting 6th for and would like a job at John Lewis but I feel 8 hours it too much for someone doing 5 subjects and would like to know if there is anyway that I could do a shorter amount of hours for example only 4 or 5 hours a week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_Noob)
    I'm starting 6th for and would like a job at John Lewis but I feel 8 hours it too much for someone doing 5 subjects and would like to know if there is anyway that I could do a shorter amount of hours for example only 4 or 5 hours a week?
    5 hours minimum contract, I'm doing 6 hours

ReputationRep:
    5 hours isn't that much honestly. i do gymnastics for 25 hours and work for 10 hours a week so 35 hours total alongside AS last year and got AAAA. honestly you can cope with 10 hours lol its not difficult and with frees etc its not too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel6914)
    5 hours isn't that much honestly. i do gymnastics for 25 hours and work for 10 hours a week so 35 hours total alongside AS last year and got AAAA. honestly you can cope with 10 hours lol its not difficult and with frees etc its not too bad
    Do you plan to cut down hours for A2 year? A2 is much harder so might need more time for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
    Do you plan to cut down hours for A2 year? A2 is much harder so might need more time for that
    not really. i've been doing this sort of schedule for over 7 years now so i know that literally in any free time/free periods/lunch breaks i need to be working. i do the same amount of work, if not more, than any of my peers and it's because i'm so used to time management and get straight on with work. you'll be suprised how much time can be used more effectively. three lunch times is 3 hours already and i often am out the house from 7.15am til 9.30pm, then will get home shower and eat before doing at least an hours work.

i'm sure i'll be fine idk i've always been ok and i know a2 is harder but with soo many frees (my school has budget problems so we have barely any teaching time to start with) I'm pretty confident that i will find the time

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.