Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys,

I'm applying for medicine and recently I did my ukcat and got bmat coming up. But I need to help on finalising uni choices. I've been adviced to apply for bio med at one uni and also to apply to one uni that dont require bmat or ukcat. So that leaves me with 3 choices. I was thinking of: Imperial, UCL, Leicester and Bristol for medicine and then bio med at birmingham. How far do the unis take in to account of ukcat?

My UKCAT average score was 697.5. Verbal-510, quantitative-700, abstract-810, decision analysis-770 and situational judgement- 2. Do unis look at individual sections as well? I mean I flopped verbal terribly

My AS grades were: A*AAA. I did further maths and maths and my school makes all the further maths people do their whole maths a level in yr 12 plus 2 other maths modules (so 8 maths modules) hence that A* was for maths a-level.

My GCSES: 7A*, 3A and 1 B. Maths and sciences were A*, English language was B and english literature A.

Work experience: 2 days at hospital, 1 week at GP, few months at oxfam, few months at Elderly care home, few weeks teaching a yr 6 student maths.

My friend suggested me to apply to cambridge but am dead scared as some say it will be waste of an application as it's deadly competitive especially for medicine. So am really worried about the uni choices. Is my ukcat a good score? I know the average is usually 600 but loads of my friends who did ukcat got well above 700 average so yah am scared. Help guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shruti Kebab)
    Hiya guys,

I'm applying for medicine and recently I did my ukcat and got bmat coming up. But I need to help on finalising uni choices. I've been adviced to apply for bio med at one uni and also to apply to one uni that dont require bmat or ukcat. So that leaves me with 3 choices. I was thinking of: Imperial, UCL, Leicester and Bristol for medicine and then bio med at birmingham. How far do the unis take in to account of ukcat?

My UKCAT average score was 697.5. Verbal-510, quantitative-700, abstract-810, decision analysis-770 and situational judgement- 2. Do unis look at individual sections as well? I mean I flopped verbal terribly

My AS grades were: A*AAA. I did further maths and maths and my school makes all the further maths people do their whole maths a level in yr 12 plus 2 other maths modules (so 8 maths modules) hence that A* was for maths a-level.

My GCSES: 7A*, 3A and 1 B. Maths and sciences were A*, English language was B and english literature A.

Work experience: 2 days at hospital, 1 week at GP, few months at oxfam, few months at Elderly care home, few weeks teaching a yr 6 student maths.

My friend suggested me to apply to cambridge but am dead scared as some say it will be waste of an application as it's deadly competitive especially for medicine. So am really worried about the uni choices. Is my ukcat a good score? I know the average is usually 600 but loads of my friends who did ukcat got well above 700 average so yah am scared. Help guys?
    I think

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.