Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just started sixthform and I have no idea how to arrange notes or anything. So do you basically take a refill pad of paper and write down all your notes from all the subjects in it and then take it home and put the notes into seperate arch levers for each subjects? Plus I bought like four massive files and then two A4 thinner folder. Do we have to take the big arch levers for each subject everyday or? Right now I have put two subjects in one a4 file with dividers and lot of pockets between them. Is that a better way to do it or put all four subjects in one big arch lever until it fills up and then put it in seperate folders?! I have NO idea. Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't bring your arch lever files to school, they are too bulky and I doubt your bag can fit in 4. Take a folder that you can carry to school and put all your loose sheets in there. Then when you get home put the paper in the relevant folder. Do not put all your subjects in one file, it will get confusing.

ReputationRep:
    When I did my A Levels I took a ring binder with file dividers separating each subject. I put my subject notes behind the relevant divider, and when the ring binder was full I transferred the notes to a lever arch folder which I kept at home, again with file dividers between each subject. Also, I didn't take a refill pad with me; instead I took about 10 fresh pages with me everyday at the front of the ring binder, so that it would take up less space.

I hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I had 4 separate lever arch folders for each of my AS subjects (well, 3 for English, French, and RS, and then a separate sketchbook and folder for art). It doesn't really do any good to mix up subjects in folders, even if they're closely related. I then had all my textbooks and a school diary in which to write down homework, appointments, and the like.

Once it came to exam season, I got a new lever arch for each of my subjects and then went through my subject folders and put all the relevant notes in the relevant folders - so I had a French revision folder, an English revision folder, etc. I then binned my original subject folders and all the superfluous stuff I had left over. I also had Pukka Pads for each subject in which to write my own notes.

Obviously though, everyone organises themselves differently, so whatever works for you is fine.

ReputationRep:
    I have a lever arch for each subject with relevant dividers and then an 'every day' folder that I take for loose sheets. This then gets emptied every month or so, do not empty it each day as you may need the stuff later on in lessons!

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 lever arch folders (one for each subject), an A4 note pad for each subject for written work (with removable paper), and then a small ring binder folder to take to school every day to put loose sheets in (emptied once a week into the lever arches). If you do subjects which involve coursework, it might be good to get a little A5 note book so those notes are separate from your main notes). Also, don't take your lever arches in, I tried that last year and it was too much unnecessary space and weight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I take a refill pad. I have a folder at home for each of my subjects and distribute the notes into there. The only time I take my folders in, is when my teachers ask me to, as they all do folder checks to make sure I'm making notes at home etc. I normally have room in my bag for two folders and everything else, but then it can get a bit bulky to carry around all day!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.