Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got set a task to complete (posted below):

"Research the use of resistivity in archaeological surveying and write a report on your findings, to include:
    1) Introduction outlining the principles of resistivity surveying
    2) Review of the physics involved (keywords, definition, equations with units) and how the physics is applied
    3) Relevant diagrams that are informative
    4) Benefits of using resistivity surveying over other techniques
    5) Limitations of resistivity surveying when doing it in the field
    6) Referencing
    (book, title,page number)
    (website, URL)
    (Journal/Magazine:title of publication, issue number etc)
    (TV/radio: Title of programme,date produced)"

If anyone could give me any information, links or hints about how to answer these questions, I would really appreciate it. This is a completely new topic and I am a bit confused.

Thank You!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan_101)
    I got set a task to complete (posted below):

"Research the use of resistivity in archaeological surveying and write a report on your findings, to include:
    1) Introduction outlining the principles of resistivity surveying
    2) Review of the physics involved (keywords, definition, equations with units) and how the physics is applied
    3) Relevant diagrams that are informative
    4) Benefits of using resistivity surveying over other techniques
    5) Limitations of resistivity surveying when doing it in the field
    6) Referencing
    (book, title,page number)
    (website, URL)
    (Journal/Magazine:title of publication, issue number etc)
    (TV/radio: Title of programme,date produced)"

If anyone could give me any information, links or hints about how to answer these questions, I would really appreciate it. This is a completely new topic and I am a bit confused.

Thank You!
    the TV show 'Time Team' was a popular archaeology based program that relied heavily on 'geophysics' - largely resistivity surveys iirc... probably googling 'time team geophysics' will get you plenty of background.

to fill in the details do keyword searches on google scholar http://scholar.google.co.uk/ to get academic journal articles and conference papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    the TV show 'Time Team' was a popular archaeology based program that relied heavily on 'geophysics' - largely resistivity surveys iirc... probably googling 'time team geophysics' will get you plenty of background.

to fill in the details do keyword searches on google scholar http://scholar.google.co.uk/ to get academic journal articles and conference papers.
    Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 7, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.