Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    from doing both i can safely say that p3 is far more difficult than p4,
    more to learn and manipulate.
    wot do u think?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I haven't done P3, but P4 is pretty hard, you slowly grasp it though the more you do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mat666)
    Well, I haven't done P3, but P4 is pretty hard, you slowly grasp it though the more you do it.
    how can u do P4 if u havent done P3?

ReputationRep:
    They are both quite easy really... I learnt most of p4 before i did p3... you can guess which chapters, quite obvious... but the other chapters required p3 calculus...

ReputationRep:
    you talking to me
    ive dun both
    p3 i found tough last year, p4 is alot easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    how can u do P4 if u havent done P3?
    half of p4 is new stuff... complex number, series, numrical methods and some algrebra which doesn't require P3 knowlegde... but i dont see hoe u can do polar cordinates, 1st or 2nd order differential eqns without p3 knowledge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    half of p4 is new stuff... complex number, series, numrical methods and some algrebra which doesn't require P3 knowlegde... but i dont see hoe u can do polar cordinates, 1st or 2nd order differential eqns without p3 knowledge
    how did u get on with p3 and p4 then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    i swear most of Edexcel's p4 is AQA's p3. Numerical methods certainly is!

I did p4 before p3, personally i think p3 with AQA is slightly harder than p4 - but thats only because p4 has different topics...which i think i found easier.

I'm just crap at vectors... BORING!

Oh god sim, if thats on MORSE i think i will fail

ReputationRep:
    I think p3 may be part of my maths A level next year. either that or the further maths a level.

This year I've done Methods, p1, m1, p4, p6, m2

As far as i know next year contains: p2, s1, (p3?) p5, s2 or maybe m3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mat666)
    I think p3 may be part of my maths A level next year. either that or the further maths a level.

This year I've done Methods, p1, m1, p4, p6, m2

As far as i know next year contains: p2, s1, (p3?) p5, s2 or maybe m3
    Yeh, if your doing maths a-level then you do p1-3, if you do f.maths you have to do p4-6.

Didnt you find p4/p6 abit tricky seeing as you had only just learnt p1 ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathematician)
    from doing both i can safely say that p3 is far more difficult than p4,
    more to learn and manipulate.
    wot do u think?
    I, and the rest of my class, think that P4 is definitely harder than P3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chud)
    i swear most of Edexcel's p4 is AQA's p3. Numerical methods certainly is!
    We do some numerical methods in p2 (iteration) as well... P4 numerical methods (newton raphson, linear bisection and the other one which i have forgotten) is quite easy anyway... IMO it is easy enough to be put in P2 as well... we can compare modules after our exams... i got p3 to revise for now!!!
    (Original post by chud)
    Oh god sim
    Well I no im good and all... but being modest... im far from being a god yet but thanks anyway
    (Original post by mathematician)
    how did u get on with p3 and p4 then?
    Well p3 tomorrow... i can do most of the stuff... only make the silly mistakes should get 90% hopefully... P4 on 29th which is a long away... most of P4is quite easy anyway... last bit of 2nd order and last bit of polar is a bit tough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    Well p3 tomorrow... i can do most of the stuff... only make the silly mistakes should get 90% hopefully... P4 on 29th which is a long away... most of P4is quite easy anyway... last bit of 2nd order and last bit of polar is a bit tough
    I hate polar coordinates. The rest of my class does. My teacher hates them as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    I hate polar coordinates. The rest of my class does. My teacher hates them as well!
    i like the graphs theyre cool

***** to sketch though!

talking about edexcel, p3 is harder than p4 BUT since i have done little p4 work i cant remember it as easily as i can p3. all that numerical methods is easy but i just cant remember linear interpolation for some reason. series too, i cant remember any p1 so im screwed when ti comes to gps and aps

i can do 1st and 2nd order des tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chud)

Didnt you find p4/p6 abit tricky seeing as you had only just learnt p1 ?!
    simple answer: yes. AQA P4 and p6 state at the front 'requires implicit knowledge of p1,p2 and p3'. So our teachers have been teaching us the bits of p3 and p2 that we needed to know in order to do p4 and p6. I think half the stuff in my F Maths folder is probably p2 and p3! Certainly a lot of the vector stuff must be, cos they don't seem to ask any questions on it in p6, they prefer to talk about matrices and systems of equations.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.