Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, everyone!

I'm a student who will be going to City University London in a few weeks and I will be commuting.

I was just wondering what your views/experiences of living out/staying at home were, as I'm considering to move out.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same position as you. I am going to commute to uni since I will save a lot of money to spend on more pointless stuff from Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    Plus, I can't cook for sh*t so I would rather eat home cooked meals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    I'm in the exact same position as you. I am going to commute to uni since I will save a lot of money to spend on more pointless stuff from Amazon.

Plus, I can't cook for sh*t so I would rather eat home cooked meals
    Yeah, I can save a lot of money, but I wouldn't mind applying for a maintenance loan. Not sure if it's too late though?

Cooking isn't a problem, but I know what you mean!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely worth it... those 3 years of uni were the best years of my life, and it was mainly due to the fact I was living with friends, sharing experiences with them, the independence, the awful cooking, coming back home at stupid 'o clock without anyone judging you, 4am dominos post night out, the house parties, the socials etc. You catch my drift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kre)
    Definitely worth it... those 3 years of uni were the best years of my life, and it was mainly due to the fact I was living with friends, sharing experiences with them, the independence, the awful cooking, coming back home at stupid 'o clock without anyone judging you, 4am dominos post night out, the house parties, the socials etc. You catch my drift.
    Sounds like something I'd like to experience!

Thanks for the response!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah living out is amazing mean the nights out are amazing but also the first shopping trip living on your own eating what you want when you want having cups of tea with you halls mates in the morning pregameing in the evening putting your stamp on your room film nights and don't forget you save time so you can study more.

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly why I chose not to apply to London unis as I wanted the halls experience but didn't want to pay for such extradoniate rent per week.

If you have the money then the halls experience is 100% worth it.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.